Besides Lowe's and Wentworth's

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Where do you go locally to buy plants? I need to know by 2:30, please. TIA.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My favorite is Homestead Gardens in Davidsonville at the intersection of 424 and 214 outside of Annapolis. They have a HUGE selection of plants and all the gardening/outdoors stuff to go with it. :yay:

Locally, I usually go to the Greenery in Hollywood.

H

HollowSoul

K_Jo said:
Where do you go locally to buy plants? I need to know by 2:30, please. TIA.
is your green thumb gonna fall off at 2:31 :shrug:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Vince said:
Zimmermans. North of Leonardtown on Rt 5. Lefthand side..

That's my favorite place, but I think they're closed on Sundays.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Thanks everybody. I fell asleep at 2:29, and remember C asking if I still wanted to go and apparently I said no. I still don't know if he went. We love Homestead Gardens, but he wanted to stay closer to home. Maybe we'll check out Zimmermans one night this week.

Vince

K_Jo said:
Thanks everybody. I fell asleep at 2:29, and remember C asking if I still wanted to go and apparently I said no. I still don't know if he went. We love Homestead Gardens, but he wanted to stay closer to home. Maybe we'll check out Zimmermans one night this week.
I tried to go to Lowes today and get some plants for the garden. Big mistake. So crowded there was hardly parking space left. Gonna try Zimmermans after work tomorrow night.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Vince said:
Gonna try Zimmermans tomorrow night.

Me too :yay: I need tomato, jalapeno pepper plants...and whatever else follows me home. :lol:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Vince said:
I tried to go to Lowes today and get some plants for the garden. Big mistake. So crowded there was hardly parking space left. Gonna try Zimmermans after work tomorrow night.
Maybe I'll see you there! :huggy:

I'll be the one in go-go boots and a pointy bra. :yay:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I did my front flower beds on Saturday and got everything @ the Greenery. Spent all day squatting in the garden. I'm so GD sore that I can barely walk, sit down, or get up once I sit down. :lmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
JabbaJawz said:
I did my front flower beds on Saturday and got everything @ the Greenery. Spent all day squatting in the garden. I'm so GD sore that I can barely walk, sit down, or get up once I sit down. :lmao:
:thewave: You'll have to take some pics and show us. I feel your pain. I spent Saturday doing 8 planter boxes that go over the rails and 4 containers for the front porch, plus repotting some of my houseplants including my 30 year old :yikes: spider plant.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
jazz lady said:
:thewave: You'll have to take some pics and show us. I feel your pain. I spent Saturday doing 8 planter boxes that go over the rails and 4 containers for the front porch, plus repotting some of my houseplants including my 30 year old :yikes: spider plant.

I'll definitely take some pictures. I'm waiting to see what lives and what croaks...and I'd like it to fluff up some before posting pictures. :lmao: I'm excited about it, though, and really enjoyed doing the flowers. I got a lot of perennials, and mixed in a lot of annuals with them for color, including the border. I want to get some hanging plants to go on the front porch.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
JabbaJawz said:
I'll definitely take some pictures. I'm waiting to see what lives and what croaks...and I'd like it to fluff up some before posting pictures. :lmao:
I went around and took some pictures of my garden areas. Some things croaked from last year, like my big rosemary bush, while others survived, like the two clemantis vines, to my utter amazement. :lol: If it didn't take so long, I'd post some of them tonight. Maybe tomorrow when I'm not so tired. :yawn:

I'm excited about it, though, and really enjoyed doing the flowers. I got a lot of perennials, and mixed in a lot of annuals with them for color, including the border. I want to get some hanging plants to go on the front porch.
Isn't it fun? I love setting it all up and finding neat combinations of plants. I need to get some more perennials and a few annuals to fill in some of the bare spots. I don't have any hanging baskets for my front porch. I have 8 planters that go over the railings and I planted a mixture of geraniums, dusty miller, and impatiens in them. The four containers have a mixture of a purple/blue daisy-like plant (I can't remember the name right now), alyssum and Wave petunias.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
Ia purple/blue daisy-like plant (I can't remember the name right now)
It's Osteospermum - an African daisy. Very, very pretty and the first time I've used it in container gardening. I still haven't figured out if it's a perennial or an annual but I think this variety is an annual. :shrug:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
It's Osteospermum - an African daisy. Very, very pretty and the first time I've used it in container gardening. I still haven't figured out if it's a perennial or an annual but I think this variety is an annual. :shrug:
Here's a couple of pictures of the containers:

Attachments

• Sunflower container small.JPG
    Sunflower container small.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Chippendale container small.JPG
    Chippendale container small.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 103