Liar got his ASS back!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I went to the Thurmont Auction Friday night...and although I didn't get either of the two gorgeous horses I WANTED (Rottncop had the number card for bidding and wouldn't turn it over :lol:) I DID buy an Appaloosa Ass...who IMMEDIATELY went back to his smarty pants liar of an owner.... :shocking:

His claim that the gelding was a great trail horse and great with kids was a big fat lie immediately, when Busterduck and I went back to see my new purchase, and he shoved Boy into the rails, and tried his darndest to kick anyone who came near him!!! I was AMAZED at how far those back legs could come forward then fly backwards in kind of a circle motion.!!

Pretty is as pretty does i guess.....:lol: He WAS a gorgeous Tri-Leopard Ass.

barncat

I was going to tell you to be very leary of any horse at Thurmont. I had a friend get a horse from there and it took her 3 days to get it home because there was no way he was getting on a trailer. He had a full body clip when she got him and needless to say he was no angel for the clippers so who knows what they went through to clip him.

You are more then welcome to come try Madhi. I have someone who might be picking him up for trial this week, not sure excatly what date, she said as soon as possible.

barncat

No, he's the same one I have talked to you about before. After reading your other post and seeing you don't want a grey or fleabitten horse I think he would not be your cup of tea. At this point he's going to go on trial for a month and if that doesn't work I think I will board him somewhere and give lessons on him.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
barncat said:
No, he's the same one I have talked to you about before. After reading your other post and seeing you don't want a grey or fleabitten horse I think he would not be your cup of tea. At this point he's going to go on trial for a month and if that doesn't work I think I will board him somewhere and give lessons on him.
Thanks Barncat, I don't really *need* another riding horse, (who really needs a horse anyway...it's technically a "want" :lol:) I have 3 really nice trail sane Appys now but I want a 4th and what I'm looking for is a mare like the QH mare I saw this weekend absolutely fell in love with, and couldn't bid on 'caus Rottncop had control of the bid number :lol: I'd 've gone LOTS higher than he went, :lol: She was absolutely gorgeous, stock type, about 14h, deep dark bay, lots of chrome, and the prettiest face..... <sigh> her solid chunky butt bowled me over. AND she was broke to the limit. Awesome.

I want a nice dark bay with some chrome, buckskin or pal QH or colored Appy mare that's broke, quiet and between 5-8 y/o to breed to my foundation bred Appy stud in a year or two, and that my 8 y/o and i can ride and have fun with (maybe do a few judged trail rides) until then. I ultimately want a baby with a dark bay base or a buckskin with a blanket or a leopard. So if you see anything (that doesn't cost a fortune :lol:), let me know. Hey you give lessons? Western or English?

barncat

I don't travel in the QH circles, mostly the reject TBs but I will keep my eyes open. Normally your decent, kid-proof horses or ponies cost upwards of $3,000. Have you checked out the VA Bloodstock sale they hold at Frying Pan Park. I'm not sure if they have had it this spring yet, I think they have it twice a year, once in the spring and fall.

I've given english lessons before. Believe it or not when I started riding it was in a western saddle and I rode western for years. I took up eventing because I love the rush of cross country and now I'm hooked, I won't be satisfied till I get a 3 day done. I'm sure one of these days I will give reining a try, it looks like you can get a nice rush from that also...I think I'm a rush junkie.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Running Barrels and bull riding are always good for a rush...
NOT me, I LIKE staying in the saddle :lol:

Are you familiar with Maurice Queen out of Waldorf?

barncat

happyappygirl said:
Running Barrels and bull riding are always good for a rush...
NOT me, I LIKE staying in the saddle :lol:

Are you familiar with Maurice Queen out of Waldorf?

I like to stay in the saddle too which is exactly why I don't ride 2 year old TBs anymore :wink:

Not familiar with the name, is there a barn he works out of?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Not sure, he's advertising ponies & QHs for sale. Figured someone would have heard of him, since he's right in waldorf. Do you know the shumakers? (sp?)

barncat

happyappygirl said:
Not sure, he's advertising ponies & QHs for sale. Figured someone would have heard of him, since he's right in waldorf. Do you know the shumakers? (sp?)

Can't say that I have. Most of the Southern MD horsefolk I know are involved in Pony Club or I met them while boarding at Lordship's in Clinton.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Liar got his ass back

Not all us Southern Md folks hang out at Pony clubs. A lot of us do serious trail riding. We stay in the woods so no one ever see us!!! :thewave:

barncat

mingiz said:
Not all us Southern Md folks hang out at Pony clubs. A lot of us do serious trail riding. We stay in the woods so no one ever see us!!! :thewave:
Woods = deer flies and the only thing I hate more then deer flies are horse flies! I try my darndest to stay out of the woods during the summer, I'd rather trail ride in the fall to early winter anyway. I really don't have much of a trail horse at the moment, Miss Four Year Old needs to get out, I just never have the time :sad:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
what-sa pony club?
:ohwell: guess that shows where I'm at all 4 seasons. chemical warfare around here :biggrin: that and the chickens flicking horse sh!t around helps keep the population down to a minimum too.

barncat

appyday said:
I waz in Pony club.....I was the only married pony club member..:banana:

They now have OPPC = Old Persons' Pony Club for the over 25 crowd I think.

Regular Pony Club is for the kiddies under 21.

SerenitStables

barncat said:
I was going to tell you to be very leary of any horse at Thurmont. I had a friend get a horse from there and it took her 3 days to get it home because there was no way he was getting on a trailer. He had a full body clip when she got him and needless to say he was no angel for the clippers so who knows what they went through to clip him.

You are more then welcome to come try Madhi. I have someone who might be picking him up for trial this week, not sure excatly what date, she said as soon as possible.

Hey April....sorry I missed your phone call. Been really busy. Home number is 410-586-2956...feel free to call me there!! :cartwheel

~Jen~

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
SerenitStables said:
Hey April....sorry I missed your phone call. Been really busy. Home number is 410-XXX-XXXX...feel free to call me there!! :cartwheel

~Jen~

Is that a good idea to post your home number on line?