Mill Run Farm?? Welcome Maryland?

morganhorse

Does anyone know anything about the farm located off of RT. 6 in Welcome Maryland? The farm is closed but still has a huge indoor arena and some fencing. Any info would be great!

Thanks a bunch,
Amy

barncat

I think I heard that someone has purchased/rented the place and is now boarding horses. I'll check with my source.

morganhorse

I drove there last night and the place doesn't have any horses...the barn and arena were filled with these crate type of things. It looks like someone is using it for storage but there were no horses. Any more info you can find out would be great though!

Thanks,
Amy

barncat

morganhorse said:
I drove there last night and the place doesn't have any horses...the barn and arena were filled with these crate type of things. It looks like someone is using it for storage but there were no horses. Any more info you can find out would be great though!

Thanks,
Amy
I want to say she said Chaney Enterprises purchased it, that would be a probable explanation for the crates.

I emailed her and have not heard back yet, once she responds I'll let you know.

morganhorse

One of the signs said that the owners name was Faccia (might not be the correct spelling) If that helps. If Chaney bought it then there is no way I could afford to buy it from them :-( But if someone owns it and just doesn't want the hassel I wonder how much they would sell it for? I didn't see a house on the land though.
-Amy

barncat

morganhorse said:
One of the signs said that the owners name was Faccia (might not be the correct spelling) If that helps. If Chaney bought it then there is no way I could afford to buy it from them :-( But if someone owns it and just doesn't want the hassel I wonder how much they would sell it for? I didn't see a house on the land though.
-Amy

Alright, my friend emailed me. The deal fell through with the person who was going to rent the property and start boarding, not sure what went wrong but the person has decided to get out of horses.

deb20646

Fachinna Construction Owns It. I know alot of "HORSE" people wanted to rent it and he did not want to mess with that. I think They are using it to store construction stuff. I drive by it every day and there is always a fork lift moving things around and lots of work trucks there. i had heard he was turnig the farm into a golf course

Atir211

Yes, Facchina does own the farm. They were considering leasing it out to "horse people", but decide to use it as a "yard" to store equipment and supplies on. He's not interested in selling or leasing it anymore and he's not turning it into a golf course.

Seahorse3

I took lessons there. From what I hear Facchina's daughter thought she might want to start up a horse boarding stable so he bought her the place (of course, he could've just said that so the locals wouldn't flip when he decided to turn it into a gravel mine--like Charles Co. reallllllllllllly needs another gravel mine...SNORT!). Well, now, the locals have flipped, and are trying to stop him as he doesn't really know much about mining gravel and the peeps he's hired who are supposed to know how to do it properly, are sort of clueless.

Meanwhile, a perfectly superb boarding stable and indoor arena are just sitting there unused. Bummer!

W

WarmbloodLvr

Any idea which of the Facchina's bought it? My brother grew up with Paul Jr. and we know most of them quite well. Maybe we could talk him into something? :buttkiss:

SerenitStables

morganhorse said:
-Amy

Not sure if this helps, but Fachina(SP??) bought it a while back. They use it for storage. I had a friend try to rent it from them, but they wouldn't budge on it. There were 2 horses there not too long ago in the front field, but I think they left...not sure who they belonged to though, probably his daughter. I would imagine Fachina still owns it.

Last edited:

bhoffman

Paul Facchina senior owns it and is using it for storage but there are always two bay horses out front and the door for one of the aisle ways is always open. im guessing they just fixed up a couple stalls, but i know he doesnt rent it out to anyone. I know the family pretty well and he doesnt want anyone on their property so i wouldnt even bother asking. im not sure who the lady is with the horses probaly someone that works for him or who is a close friend. i know its not his daughter or daughter in-law. but if you guys hear anything let me know

1spirit

Mill Run Stables

wow, I rode out at Mill Run back in the 70's, I worked out there and showed. I remember us doing the college classes also. Alot of good memories. I take it Mr and Mrs. Taylor must have passed away if the place got sold. Does anybody know if Pat Taylor is around, she must be in her 60's or so now? That was a huge show farm, sorry to see nobody is taking advantage of it.

R

riderup

1spirit said:
wow, I rode out at Mill Run back in the 70's, I worked out there and showed. I remember us doing the college classes also. Alot of good memories. I take it Mr and Mrs. Taylor must have passed away if the place got sold. Does anybody know if Pat Taylor is around, she must be in her 60's or so now? That was a huge show farm, sorry to see nobody is taking advantage of it.
Pat Taylor died some years ago from illness. Great lady.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Sometimes I need to remind myself to check the dates before reading an entire thread and thinking "this sounds familiar?" Duh

1spirit

riderup said:
Pat Taylor died some years ago from illness. Great lady.
Thank you for letting me know. I last talked to her back in the early 80's - she called, her mom wanted to buy Joker from me - it was the last pony bred at Mill Run and they wanted him for sentimental value, so I did and unfortunately in our busy lives time gets away from us and then we never get to talk to that person again. Yes, she was a wonderful person - she took me along way with my riding.

Thank you