Chesnut Quarterhorse Gelding Needs Rescue

sdm

I found this urgent plea on www.petfinder.org and thought I would crosspost it here for all the horse lovers. Anyone interested in rescuing this poor boy, please email kparso@comcast.net.

Thanks for looking!

Stacey
www.adoptaspotdalrescue.com

ccloverg26
Total posts: 1
Post subject: Horse needs home before my boss sells him at New Holland!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

email me at kparso@comcast.net as soon as possible if you are interested.
There is a horse Boone at the Red Buffalo Ranch where I work. He is a chesnut quarterhorse gelding in his teens that we got from New Holland last year. He also has moon blindness in he left eye. We have been using him for lessons for the past year and he is amazing in the ring, and can be ridden english or western. BUT, he only likes kids. Adults can pet him and anything like that but when it comes to riding he does not like adults, but given time I can assure you that that can change. A girl, age 15, that used to work here had him working great with everyone, she even got him to go on trails, but when she had to leave he was only ridden on Sundays by people for lessons and he stopped getting the expierenced attention that he needs. As long as he is worked on a regular basis, he can be great with anyone but once he is let to be he can become unpredictable. The reason my boss want to sell him is because an adult woman was riding him in a lesson and he reared and almost fell on her. So now he is technically a liability to our ranch. I know that Boone deserves better than New Holland. In fact he was born as a pole bending and penning horse at Mountain Springs in PA, a very good breeding ranch. It is most likely his moon blindness that caused him to be sold. But you would never guess he even has a problem because he rides so well. Please, help me give this horse another chance, before it is too late.
May 11, 2005
Kelsey[/img]