Ford Dealerships...which do ya'll recommend?

Ponytail

I gotta get some warranty work done on my truck and am wondering which dealership around here is recommended.

Good/bad experiences?

TIA

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Is it body/interior work, or engine work? Dean Wilson at Aldridge Ford is good for the body/interior work - had to replace the seat adjustment mechanism due to factory recall.
Never used them for engine work, so I've got no input on that.

turtlebanana

I have used Prince Fredrick Ford for Warranty work, and Engine work since I moved here in'96 with no complaints. Before we were married, my wife took her car there for all recommended maintenance with no complaints also. I would not go to Alderidge Ford to pick up a winning lottery ticket.

Ponytail

Dag...if' I'm gonna go that far, I might as well go back to where I bought it at...Koons Ford in Annapolis...unless you've heard bad things about that one.

Which brings up another thought. For warranty work, do you folks find that you get better service by bringing it back to the dealership that you purchased it from?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Ponytail said:
Which brings up a nother thought. For warranty work, do you folks find that you get better service by bringing it back to the dealership that you purchased it from?
I think if you have a good rapport with the salesperson it's good to take it where you purchased it.

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:
Dag...if' I'm gonna go that far, I might as well go back to where I bought it at...Koons Ford in Annapolis...unless you've heard bad things about that one.

Which brings up another thought. For warranty work, do you folks find that you get better service by bringing it back to the dealership that you purchased it from?
Shoulda bought a GMC

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:
:duel:

Before I bring it up there to get work done, lets strap'em together back to back...and see which one survives. :biggrin:
You are right, it takes a Ford twice the size to out pull a GMC.

Pete

Repete
Have you seen a pic of my new truck?

Attachments

• 1_32.jpg
    1_32.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 122
D

dems4me

Hunt for in LaPlata sucks... they used to be good... bought a car there in 1990 and was pleased, went back in 1997 for anther car and they were crooks about it and switched my car for a demo car that had 14K miles already on it... I asked where it had been for the 14K miles and they refused to specifically answer me... eitherway, I felt bullied and eventually bought it... ... then a few years ago I got my used truck there and again was ripped off... this time, they added on about 9K for a very expensive warranty (as I wanted the best I could get seeings how it was a used vehicle)... come to find out the waterpump, fuel pump, etc... wasn't under this expensive 9,000.00 warranty... :cussing: After a week, they wouldn't even take the truck back so I can exchange it with something else, after there was noise problems under the hood, etc... basically, I was told - you drove it off the lot, its yours and sorry about my luck. :cussing: The only reason I dealt with the this third time was I was thinking I'd get some sort of repeat customer special deal or something... shiat... I couldn't even get honesty... let alone a deal.

Pete

Repete
dems4me said:
Hunt for in LaPlata sucks... they used to be good... bought a car there in 1990 and was pleased, went back in 1997 for anther car and they were crooks about it and switched my car for a demo car that had 14K miles already on it... I asked where it had been for the 14K miles and they refused to specifically answer me... eitherway, I felt bullied and eventually bought it... ... then a few years ago I got my used truck there and again was ripped off... this time, they added on about 9K for a very expensive warranty (as I wanted the best I could get seeings how it was a used vehicle)... come to find out the waterpump, fuel pump, etc... wasn't under this expensive 9,000.00 warranty... :cussing: After a week, they wouldn't even take the truck back so I can exchange it with something else, after there was noise problems under the hood, etc... basically, I was told - you drove it off the lot, its yours and sorry about my luck. :cussing: The only reason I dealt with the this third time was I was thinking I'd get some sort of repeat customer special deal or something... shiat... I couldn't even get honesty... let alone a deal.
The stupid are easy prey :yay: