Woo-hoo!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
First post on my new computer! It's running Windows XP, which will take some getting used to. But MAN, does it fly!!! 2.4G P4, 512MB RAM, 120G hard drive!!! I'm kind of excited!

K

Kain99

I hate you Vrai...... No, not really..... But GD you make me jealous! I wanna be a big kid on the block too.......

If ya love me, you'll send me a check.... for a brand spaking new PC that walks and talks and does somersaults! :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Biscuit, it looks like it's sucking about 180MB - not sure because I don't know how to find it for just the OS. Still not sure where everything is on here. :lol:

It's got a DVD burner on it, which is sweet but I haven't used it yet. The slickest feature I've found so far is that, when you search Help, it shows you the MS Knowledgebase as well as standard help files. The start menu is kind of weirding me out but I'll get used to it.

Going from 700MHz to 2.4GHz makes a WORLD of difference! This yatch FLIES! Anyone using XP Professional that wants to give me some user tips, I'd be your best friend!

K

Kain99

:barf: I'm barfing all over my POS! :barf: Keep it up Vrai.... I have a bullet with MY name on it!

K

Kain99

See everybody! Kain can be taught! Sharon made sure I stopped saying I have a Barretta with so and so's name on it and I remembered, so kiss my lilly white behind!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just to rub it in...

I just imported all of my Outlook stuff (which is 47MB, btw) from a CD to this bad boy. After I click "finish" and it starts to copy everything, I'm used to seeing that status pop-up thing. It never appeared. It had imported everything in about 1 second.

Not only that but I'm also used to waiting a few seconds for Word (or any other program for that matter) to load. Now I click the button and - BAM - it's there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Business purchase. My early Santa present was a camcorder, which is why I got the DVD feature on the computer. Lots of new goodies at my house!

K

Kain99

Business purchase :confused: let's just see what the IRS has to say about that! :biggrin:

K

Kain99

Shut your mouth Biscuit! Business secrets are business secrets!

Disclaimer: I herby claim to know nothing about Liquor stores and business!:razz2:

K

Kain99

Or maybe..... Strip poker! :razz2:

Something needs to wake me up!

Y

yornoc

Originally posted by vraiblonde
First post on my new computer! It's running Windows XP, which will take some getting used to. But MAN, does it fly!!! 2.4G P4, 512MB RAM, 120G hard drive!!! I'm kind of excited!

VERY NICE ! How is XP? I've been thinking about giving it a try.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Still trying to figure it out. I suppose I like it okay but I think I like Win2K better. Maybe. It seems pretty stable though - I've been beating the hell out of it and it hasn't crashed yet.

Biscuit

Livin' Large
Microsoft put out a n internal memo telling the developers to make the "blue screen of death" Transparent now! You may not ever now how much uncle bill got over on you!:biggrin:

K

Kizzy

Still trying to figure it out. I suppose I like it okay but I think I like Win2K better. Maybe. It seems pretty stable though - I've been beating the hell out of it and it hasn't crashed yet.

I got a new puter about a month ago. I got an HP 763n. It has been in PC Magazine as a pretty good machine for the price. It came with XP, 2.4 Ghz, 512 DDRAM, 80 GB harddrive and I think it is slower than my other HP that is 966mhz, 512 SDRAM and a 45 GB harddrive. I am wondering if it has something to do with XP, since I am running 2K Professional on the other one. I am considering redoing this computer to 2K Professional. Since I know that it will be time consuming, I am waiting until I finish my classes to do it. My biggest complaint, my scanner software isn't compatable, my printer software isn't compatable, however both are installed, I just cannot use the software. I don't notice any burning difference whatsoever.

crash

IM4Change, is it XP Pro or Home? Are you sure it's not running extra services in the background (ie. internet connection sharing, web services, and such)? I wouldn't think that it would matter on a 2.4 GHz...hmm...also have you checked your pagefile and various cache settings? just a thought. sorry i can't think of much else at the moment. I don't have my XP machine right now.

Last edited:
K

Kizzy

Its XP home and I have disabled all the background services and I am still encountering shut downs on software programs I never had before.

G

giggles04

Sweet computer Vrai... thats awesome! You'll get used to XP. I have XP Home on my laptop and I love it.