I have timothy hay

mingiz

Horse Poor
timothy hay

Is this timothy made of gold! You can go to the amish and get NICE timothy hay for 3:50 a bale. Alfalfa for 5$ a bale. Seems ridiculous to pay that much for hay! I just bought nice alfalfa locally for 4$ Must be imported hay here. But I guess there are people that will be forced to pay the price.

M

mrnavin

hay

Mingiz-you have been very fortunate to have found local hay and at that price. I was unable to locate ANY local and was forced to pay for shipped hay. I have 17 horses to feed and bought 2 tractor trailer truck loads. Only needing a little over 1-1/2 loads now the balance is for sale at .25 cents more than I paid. Hopefully this will just help to offset the labor I had to pay for offloading. Good luck with your winter forage.

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Actually, $6.50 is the LEAST I have paid for quality timothy hay in a bale that size! It's been my experience that the Amish bales are half the weight, so basically you're paying about the same per pound... And who can find local hay?? This year, most folks I know only got one cutting because of the draught, so they pretty much sold out by Oct.

mrnavin, could you please PM me with your phone number and location? I might be interested in purchasing some of your hay!

Atir211

Hey Appy - where'd ya get yours? Your supplier have anymore for sale? I may be running short - depending on how my fields hold up thru the next couple of months. Please pm me with info if ya can.

spinner

We get the Del Marva Farmer every week and they have several ads for hay, but it is in Western Maryland and Pennsylvania. They do deliver but you would be buying it unseen [unless you went up there]. I can keep this weeks paper if anyone is interested, it comes on Thursday or Friday. Also there are a couple of people in the county who will buy hay for you at Westminster and transport it down here. I haven't done this but it might be worth a shot. Did anyone go to the hay auction in Cheltenham on Saturday? Barbara

spinner

The Delmarva Farmer came yesterday, here are the ads this week.
1] Cecil Gannon and Sons, one bale to a tractor trailer load; days 410 822 0069, nights 410 822 8381,410 822 5162, 410 820 8453
2] Timothy orchard alfalfa mix, 1st and 2nd cutting, 410 348 5146
3] Horse quality, timothy and alfalfa. Delivered to your barn from western PA. Cassell View Farm 814 634 0310
4] Round Bales grass or timothy 4x6 w/net some inside, $35-$55. Square bales timothy at $3.25, 302 398 4530
5 ] Timothy hay orchard grass alfalfa at barn or delivered. call 410 546 3519
6] Hay, straw shavings, Horse quality from some of the highest meadows on PA Graceland Meadows toll free 866 662 4211
If you call or get hay from any of these people please let me know, I'll try to keep some notes for future use. Also my neighbor just had some hay delivered from Virginia, top quality I am sure, you have to meet them, and they think it worked out to about $4.75 delivered and stacked. And they said they were heavy bales. She is bringing over the name and number tomorrow. I'll post it then.