Kitty Need a Friend?

meme

The Smart Hooker
I bought home yesterday this adorable 8 week old baby kitten. He is so adorable and playful. He's like a walking lawnmower...all he does is purr. My question is, does anyone recommend me getting another one to keep him company? The kitten is actually really good around my 4 year old and 8 month old (aside from just wanting to check them out all the time.)

Thanks!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Depends on your living situation but two kittens are great together, especially if nobody is home during the day. But, it's also twice the expense..vet bills, food, etc.

cattitude said:
Depends on your living situation but two kittens are great together, especially if nobody is home during the day. But, it's also twice the expense..vet bills, food, etc.

:yeahthat:

I find that they keep each other great company and seem to get more exercise: I had a fat cat with ashma before the kitten, now I have a slightly less fat cat with less ashma attacks. And my husband thought it was all a ploy just to get a second cat...oh wait, it was. :whistle:

R

remaxrealtor

teverheart2002 said:
:yeahthat:

I find that they keep each other great company and seem to get more exercise: I had a fat cat with ashma before the kitten, now I have a slightly less fat cat with less ashma attacks. And my husband thought it was all a ploy just to get a second cat...oh wait, it was. :whistle:

I had a pair of shaded silver persians from the same litter and they were so good for each other. I think it actually brought their individual traits out more to have the other one around than if they had been alone.

meme

The Smart Hooker
I feel another kitty coming on then. Poor little guy must be really lonely. I'm home alot of the time but he's so darn affectionate. He's like one of my kids (wanting to be held and picked up all the time) of except when he's hanging off my $200 drapes! :lmao: He's such a cutie...you can't be mad at him (I say that until he starts tearing up my furnature) :killingme:

K

Kizzy

I'm pretty sure Meme lives in Florida. :lmao:

Can kittens be sent Fedex? :shrug:

K

Kizzy

meme said:
I bought home yesterday this adorable 8 week old baby kitten. He is so adorable and playful. He's like a walking lawnmower...all he does is purr. My question is, does anyone recommend me getting another one to keep him company? The kitten is actually really good around my 4 year old and 8 month old (aside from just wanting to check them out all the time.)

Thanks!

I would say "no." I have found in the past that when you have only 1 cat, they tend to be more affectionate to people and their personality shines more. When you have two, they are more affectionate to each other and tend to only come around when their food bowl is empty.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Both sleep between us and will not even move for lovin' time. I usually wake up with the 16-pounder sitting on my head. :love:

K_Jo said:
Both sleep between us and will not even move for lovin' time. I usually wake up with the 16-pounder sitting on my head. :love:

I know!! :lol: My 16 pounder sleeps on my head most of the night then I wake up in the morning with a huge kink in my neck because he has decided to stretch out and take over my pillow. Keep in mind that I have an extra pillow at the top of the bed for him to sleep on and I have changed out pillows and he still uses the one that I am sleeping on and kicks me off it. DH says to "just kick him off, it's easy!" Yea...sure.

I wouldn't change it for the world. :smile:

meme

The Smart Hooker
I must admit I was never a cat lover nor have I ever own a cat. My little rug rat was asking for one. I was hesitant but agreed. When I saw this little guy he was so darn cute. He was licking his little sister or brother. He walks around all day sounding like a mini lawnmower because all he does is purr. Better yet...I don't have to walk him! I should have gotten a cat alot sooner.