Broadband access in Waldorf?

I would like to know if there is any broadband access here in Waldorf besides satellite.  From what information I have so far it seems Charles County is in the dark.  Please let me know.  Thanks!

Nighthawk

Madeggroll,

What part of Waldorf do you reside in?  Right now, I'm beta testing Comcast's cable modem service (since Nov 9th) and it's very fast, very stable.  They do not currently have it in the entire Waldorf area but they are hard at work updating the neigborhoods. I stay in the Pinefield area.  Charles County is slowly but surely getting there.  :cheers:

Thanks for the info.  I called Comcast and they told me they just activated the area from where I live.  I live in Acton Lane nearby the Walmart store.  What I would like to know is their download / upload speed.  If you can give me that info I would appreciate it.  

Nighthawk

The speed varies depending on the time of day. The cable service is on a shared trunk.  I've logged onto DSL Reports and have done line speed tests there.  My download speed has been averaging anywhere between 1250 and 950 kbps while upload has been between 112 and 150 kbps.  These numbers are much better than what I was getting when I had DSL.  IMHO, the service you'll get is worth the price.  :clap:

duchess

COMCAST is moving in on Waldorf/White Plains area.  I have not found and DSL in the area.  COMCAST will be cable and the more people you get the worse the transmit and receive rates will be.  Still it is faster then any modem.  I have heard average download is 400 kbps on Cable, but remeber it depends on how many are on the line at one time.