Cellular service

Cheetah

Any cellular services out there that cover somd sufficiently (and you don't get hit up with $$$roaming charges)?  I checked out Cellular One's website, and their coverage seems to be more extensive than AT&T Wireless' and Sprint PCS.  ?? Any suggestions?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Im happy with AT&T, have 1000 minutes and free long distance for 35 a month. Good service, but I don't use it regularly any farther south than Huntingtown.. Curious to see other replies out here, good question....

Frank

Chairman of the Board
I have AT&T also and live in Lusby, but I admit I only use it for emergencies and the free long-distance weekends (a package I got when I signed up). I'm pretty happy with it, and I only pay around 20 bucks or so. Then again, it's just there when I really need it.

alex

I have AT & T through my job and have used it has far south as the Navy Base without any problems.  I really like their service and the price (about $17 a month) suits me so far. I have been looking into the various one rate programs but haven't made a decision yet.

I use Cellular One.  I have two phones with them (one for me and one for my wife).  Both phones are on TalkUSA plan (No long distance and No Roaming).  With taxes and everything, it costs me about $45 a month for each one.  I do a lot of traveling and so far, I have been able to use my phone where ever I go.  My phone works well here in Lexington Park area, though there are places around the base where the signal isn't very good.  All in all I would give the Cellular One service a rating of 8 out of 10 and would recommend it to anyone interested in Cellular Service with no long distance, and no roaming charges.

PmoneyandTT

I have sprintpcs.. They have been great for me.. They have alot of options when choosing a package.. WWW.sprintpcs.com.. The coverage in Lexington Park is better then last year.. So I think as they become a stronger force in the PCS world, the coverage will increase.. I have 1500 nights and weekends, 500 anytime minutes.. Road side assistance, and long distance.. I pay $49.99 not including taxes.. but I don't have to pay long distance on my home phone, so I pay less when it comes to my phone services.. I was paying out $70 bucks a month just in long distance alone, not including regular charge for a phone line in your home..

B

BigBrothaCon

I Have CellularOne and I am somewhat satisfied with their service.  There is places within California and Lexington Park  where I will get an "Extended Area" message or " Roam ".  That should never happen because i bought the service here.  If you go further north the service is excellent and will work anywhere.  I think if they get a tower closer to the area it will work much better in the long term.  Also they don't have alot of fees and service charges that you get with sprint and at&t.

PmoneyandTT

hidden fees.. I don't have any.. cellularone has awful customer services.. Someone took them to court last year.. We received a letter in the mail about it.. I had them once upon a time.. They may have upgraded their services.. But I will never be a patron with them.. They SUCKED

B

BigBrothaCon

Bad customer service,  maybe you are just a bad customer.  I know if you have attitudes with people they probably will have one back at you.  Maybe you should check yourself first.  Anyway,  Cellularone has excellent customer service and they don't track you down like their on a mission to destroy you.  They have a detailed billing statement and all fees and rules are given to you on your contract.  If you live in Lexington Park, where the heck are you gonna find a sprint rep anyway?  Plus I got two phones for the price your paying for just one pmoney gotta tt.

PmoneyandTT

Oh you haven't seen attitude..  being transferred from one person to another, and then being told I couldn't be helped.. Yes I got an attitude after 30 minutes of being bulled around.. But like I said before that was over 2 years ago.. OH Radio Shack has a rep.. Plus I didn't need to talk to anyone.. I did it all over the internet.. Also another thing.. Learn how to talk... YOu CON- Right winger!!!

B

BigBrothaCon

Right Winger?  What the heck is wrong with that? Is that some sort of offensive term?  anyway, libby.  i could care less about what cell service anyone has,  they all provide a service and claim alot of things, but they all have to prove that to the customer.  your happy with sprint and I am happy with cellone.  ENOUGH SAID!!!
:~

Fulton

Ok, I am feeling chatty tonight.  I rarely ever bring myself into one of these "mine is better than yours" type "wars."

Here is my experience with Cellular One (Singular) and Bell Atlantic (Verizon).

I had Singular service in St. Mary's county for about three years (analog) and it was the worst.  Their digital service in this county was non-existant.  The digital service barely reached Solomons Island, but even then you had to stand still and be outdoors.

Six months ago I dropped Singular and switched to Verizon, I have never been more pleased!  The service I recieve from Verizon is excellent.  I have digital coverage in about 90% of the county.  Even in the areas I don't get digital, the analog service is excellent.

I had both Cingular and Verizon service at the same time and my Verizon phone always worked, my Cingular phone would indicate "roam" or "out of service" in remote areas of St. Mary's.

Verizon has my vote for St. Mary's coverage.  Cingular has my 2nd vote, Sprint and AT&T would be third in this county.

SxyPrincess

I have been using Cingular, formerly CellOne for several years now.  Personally, I think their rates are a little high and they always overcharge my account.  I usually have to get credited EVERY month for their screw-ups.

I have good minutes and very seldom do I go over my included minutes, but it's a big hassle having to deal with customer service every month.  Once they had to credit my account some $54 bucks!  

I get excellent coverage.  The only time I get a roaming charge is when I go to Richmond, or farther south on vacation or something.  I purchased my plan in Waldorf and get great reception from Solomons.  

I guess for the meantime, I'll deal with the inconvenience.

K

KaZamm1061

Well I have NEXTEL, I dont have a problem with them at all. I have 10 cell phones and thier service is great. The only hting i dont like is i have no service from Park Hall to Point Lookout until i reach the water. No big deal as i dont go down there that often. I pay PER PHONE 39.99 I get 400 minutes a month Free nights and Weekends, Voice Mail, Online service for Email,Caller id,No roaming charges in the US, and DIRECT CONNECT It's like using a two way radio, Walky Talky Up to 100 miles and i think they just expanded it world wide. Cusomer service is great.

I have Nextel too and love it!  I had Verizon for 4 years before and had no problem with the customer service, but I could not get a signal in the Ranch Club.  Nextel has expensive phones but offer deals on their website.  The 2-way is great and they have more towers in the area giving us better service.

duchess

I live in Waldorf/White Plains area and can only get service from Verizon or Nextel at home.  I went with Verizon for cost reasons.

Y

yornoc

I just got Sprint PCS and it's an improvement over my (former) Verison service.  I had Verison since 1999 (before the name change) up until last week and I've always had reception problems on RT 4 and in Lusby (CRE).  So far, I've had better reception with the Sprint PCS. :clap: