Laminate Flooring

We moved into a new house and with everybody tramping through and painting and dust and all that crap I wanted to clean my laminate floors and shine them up.

I used Murphy's Oil Soap which says "Great for Laminate Floors" Wrong...It left them all hazy and streaky so then I bought Laminate Floor Cleaner at Lowes, same thing hazy and streaky, then I tryed ammonia and water, still hazy and streaky, and then I tried Glass Plus and still hazy and streaky.

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking you are using too much of the concentrate. Change your water to concentrate ratio so that you are using more water in the mix and less cleaner.

kwillia said:
I'm thinking you are using too much of the concentrate. Change your water to concentrate ratio so that you are using more water in the mix and less cleaner.
Which cleaner though? :lol: I have tried them all and even the ammonia didn't cut it but I can try using more ammonia. It said 1/2 to 2 cups for every gallon and I used 1 cup so I can try more.

workin hard said:
Which cleaner though? :lol: I have tried them all and even the ammonia didn't cut it but I can try using more ammonia. It said 1/2 to 2 cups for every gallon and I used 1 cup so I can try more.
Any of them...:lol: Seriously, since you have already "cleaned" your floors and simply need to get rid of the streaks, try plain hot water. You need to make sure what ever you are using to "mop" with is clean as well.

kwillia said:
Any of them...:lol: Seriously, since you have already "cleaned" your floors and simply need to get rid of the streaks, try plain hot water. You need to make sure what ever you are using to "mop" with is clean as well.
:huggy: Thanks maybe I will give that a try. Just regular hot, hot, water.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
workin hard said:
:huggy: Thanks maybe I will give that a try. Just regular hot, hot, water.
And when you're done cleaning up your floor, you are more than welcome to come and clean mine. :wink:

BadGirl said:
And when you're done cleaning up your floor, you are more than welcome to come and clean mine. :wink:
:lol:

I have been doing some research online and it seems that the magic recipe is non sudsy ( which is what I didn't get) Ammonia and water or ammonia, water, and vinegar. So we will see

mAlice

professional daydreamer
workin hard said:
:lol:

I have been doing some research online and it seems that the magic recipe is non sudsy ( which is what I didn't get) Ammonia and water or ammonia, water, and vinegar. So we will see

Go with water and vinegar.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
workin hard said:
Thanks!! I thought these floors were low maintenance but I guess I effed that up with Murphy's Oil Soap. :lol:

You've used so much crap you may have a buildup. If it doesn't work the first time, do it again. Vinegar will clean all of that off. I use the clorox floor cleaner, but still clean it with vinegar every few weeks.