Do You Have Harley Davidson Insurance?

nawty1

Poker Shark
This was passed on to me from a friend of mine. Thought it was worth sharing!
One of our girls had her bike stolen from Broadway on the Beach in broad daylight during bike week. The Harley Insurance investigator told her that her coverage ONLY covered harley parts that had been put on by a harley shop, MUCH to all our surprise. I called to check on my own insurance and had to up my coverage so that all the after-market goodies would be covered. So if you're not 100% sure, you'd better make that call today. The number is 1-800-699-4990 - don't wait.

Ponytail

The investigator told her that HER coverage only covered... sounds like she went with the cheapo insurance?

I have mine covered with State Farm along with the rest of my vehicles and I'm covered as long as I have reciepts, and I have them all. Same goes for my jeep, and I have more in mods on that thing than the jeep is worth. :cool:

marianne

On a similar note, I comparison shopped insurance yesterday. When developing the rate quote, they ask about after-market parts. So I assumed that was covered but should go back and check. Geico's motorcycle insurance rate was half USAA's rate.

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
marianne said:
On a similar note, I comparison shopped insurance yesterday. When developing the rate quote, they ask about after-market parts. So I assumed that was covered but should go back and check. Geico's motorcycle insurance rate was half USAA's rate.
:yeahthat: I changed back in November to Geico on the bike.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
nawty1 said:
This was passed on to me from a friend of mine. Thought it was worth sharing!
One of our girls had her bike stolen from Broadway on the Beach in broad daylight during bike week. The Harley Insurance investigator told her that her coverage ONLY covered harley parts that had been put on by a harley shop, MUCH to all our surprise. I called to check on my own insurance and had to up my coverage so that all the after-market goodies would be covered. So if you're not 100% sure, you'd better make that call today. The number is 1-800-699-4990 - don't wait.

Are her initials DM and lives in SMC?

hollywoman

We have GEICO Motorcycle Ins on both our bikes and it's cheap and full coverage. One bike (1983) is only $100.00 a year and the other(2004) is $250.00 a year.

nawty1

Poker Shark
RoseRed said:
Are her initials DM and lives in SMC?

Don't know her personally. A friend of mine sent the email to me as a FYI thing.

My brother switched from Allstate to Geico and saved HUGE! Of course Allstate is outrageously (sp?) priced anyways.

Ponytail

Mikeinsmd said:
I paid Harley too much for their bike, I'm not gonna pay them too much for their insurance too... :lmao:

:lol: I got bent over the other day when I picked up my Buell. Traffic was tied up so I got there after my insurance agent had closed her doors for the weekend. Dealer said, no insurance, no bike. It was a 3 hour ride and I wasn't going to do it twice. I had no choice but to call Progressive who Harley goes thru for insurance. The "best" rate that they could come up with was $850 for the year! :shocking: I'm pretty sure that that is more than I pay for my '03 F250SD. Ridiculous.

I dropped the medical coverage which lowered it to $600. I made one payment and told the agent on the phone to expect to NOT recieve another payment.

And I won't even mention all of the "add-ons" that they don't tell ya about when they give you an "out the door" price over the phone. Holy chit batman!

They had me by the short hairs though. It was the only red one unless I traveled to Philly, then I would have had a tax issue... :blahblah:

But, the bike is in my driveway now, it was at Tiki last night, and all is well in the world. :biggrin:

Last edited:

hollywoman

Call GEICO motorcycle insurance, they have the best rates in town.
Full coverage on my 2004 Vulcan and 1993 V45 is only 450.00 a year!

Go online at www.geico.com and do a quick quote, no need to talk to anyone, yet and see what they can do for you.