Hunting; Other Than Deer

JW3

Anyone out there hunt varmints or predators? I'd like to talk to some others in the tri-county area that hunt fox, groundhogs and such. Don't deer hunt much anymore due to the increasing number of people and shrinking hunting locations.

SeaRide

Originally posted by JW3
Anyone out there hunt varmints or predators? I'd like to talk to some others in the tri-county area that hunt fox, groundhogs and such. Don't deer hunt much anymore due to the increasing number of people and shrinking hunting locations.
I used to hunt small games and trap rabbits, minks, muskrats, racoons, and foxes. I did some fur trading for cash but that was long time ago. I don't hunt much in MD anymore because I hunt more often in WV mountains. I knew someone who used to hunt/trap fox all the time in the backwoods in baden/brandywine/aquasco area.

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by JW3
Anyone out there hunt varmints

You mean like Snipes? Sure, I hunt those suckers out all the time. I could give you a few tips on the best times to catch them and I've also got a few great recipes. :wink:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Hunting; Other Than Deer

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
You mean like Snipes? Sure, I hunt those suckers out all the time. I could give you a few tips on the best times to catch them and I've also got a few great recipes. :wink:
that and cow tipping!

:howdy: newbie!

tater

Re: Re: Hunting; Other Than Deer

You hunt snipes too? Small world. I got pretty frusterated though turned all my energy toward hunting jackelope. :wink:

SxyPrincess

Re: Re: Re: Hunting; Other Than Deer

Originally posted by tater
You hunt snipes too? Small world. I got pretty frusterated though turned all my energy toward hunting jackelope. :wink:

I've got an 8 point jackelope mounted on my living room wall. :wink:

tater

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hunting; Other Than Deer

Really? Did you make any jackelope jerky? :yum:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hunting; Other Than Deer

Mounted over the fireplace in the "double-wide?"

:biggrin:

SxyPrincess

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hunting; Other Than Deer

Originally posted by tater
Really? Did you make any jackelope jerky? :yum:

You bet! It was so yummy. :yum: Complimented Dicken's Cider very well if I might add. :wink:

tater

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hunting; Other Than Deer

You bet! It was so yummy. :yum: Complimented Dicken's Cider very well if I might add. :wink:

True. True. I've also found that a good compliment for the Dicken's Cider is some roasted nuts from the Dixon Peanut Farm. If you really wanna have a good snack, there's nothing like the tangy taste of Dixon Nuts in your mouth :wink:

Last edited:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hunting; Other Than Deer

Originally posted by Kyle
Mounted over the fireplace in the "double-wide?"

:biggrin:

I believe its mounted right next to the fish that sings "Take me to the River"..

tater

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hunting; Other Than Deer

Originally posted by kwillia
Tater.... Tater Dixon? Is that you? How ya been, Man??? :biggrin:

Yes, yes it's me. It's been so long. I've been good. How have you been?