Motorcycle helmets...where to buy?

Ponytail

My fullface helmet is beat, and I can't get replacement shields for it anymore. Where's a good place around here to get good quality helmets? And Don't say Harley. :banghead: They've got enough of my azz for the year.

Ponytail

Unfortunately, I think that my head may have grown since buying the new bike, and I'll need to try them on. My half helmet is a small, but the tags are all worn on my full face helmet...no telling what size it was.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Ponytail said:
Unfortunately, I think that my head may have grown since buying the new bike, and I'll need to try them on. My half helmet is a small, but the tags are all worn on my full face helmet...no telling what size it was.
That site has sizing help for those unsure of just how big their head is. :biggrin:

Ponytail

Ken King said:
That site has sizing help for those unsure of just how big their head is. :biggrin:
Yea, I see that. the other problem I had, no kidding, is that my big nose gets in the way. I wish I was kidding. Some helmets press my nose up against the shield. It may be a good fit, but it's not a good look. :ohwell:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Michael Jackson could give you the name of his doctor, I bet Canuk Kid has his number. :lmao:

Ponytail

Ken King said:
Michael Jackson could give you the name of his doctor, I bet Canuk Kid has his number. :lmao:

:lol: That might work. I could take my nose off then before I go for a ride. That would solve another issue when riding bikes in the summer.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What about SM City? They used to be next to Asahi, but not sure where they moved too. I know, useless information. :ohwell:

Ponytail

:lol: By Their sizing charts, I take a Large! :lol: My other helmet is a small! I'm pretty sure that my other full face helmet was a medium. Dunno why I think that though.

But dang, a Large???

Ken, have you ordered anything from them before? How are they about returns?

Ponytail

RoseRed said:
What about SM City? They used to be next to Asahi, but not sure where they moved too. I know, useless information. :ohwell:

I don't remember them carrying helmets, and they were pretty expensive for what they had. they did nice work though. Sucks that they closed.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Jaag Cycles is open in Sandy Bottom. When I was in there, I didn't notice if they had helmets or not. They are having their big Grand Opening party on Sunday. Dew Drop & Toots are in on it too. R is putting his '84 in the bike show.

I'll stop in later this afternooon and take a look and give you a call if you want.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Ponytail said:
:lol: By Their sizing charts, I take a Large! :lol: My other helmet is a small! I'm pretty sure that my other full face helmet was a medium. Dunno why I think that though.

But dang, a Large???

Ken, have you ordered anything from them before? How are they about returns?
Nope, haven't bought a helmet in years (ever since recuperating from that last accident). Have you thought about a 3/4 helmet with bubble shield?

Ponytail

Ken King said:
Nope, haven't bought a helmet in years (ever since recuperating from that last accident). Have you thought about a 3/4 helmet with bubble shield?

yea, I'm looking at those now.

Ponytail

RoseRed said:
Jaag Cycles is open in Sandy Bottom. When I was in there, I didn't notice if they had helmets or not. They are having their big Grand Opening party on Sunday. Dew Drop & Toots are in on it too. R is putting his '84 in the bike show.

I'll stop in later this afternooon and take a look and give you a call if you want.

Nah, That's ok. Usually those little places don't carry helmets, and when they do, they aren't cheap. I'll look when I go home this weekend.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
aps45819 said:
Where is that? I've been seeing ads for the opening scrolling across the screen bottom on the weather channel.

The old Early Bird in Hollywood.

Pete

Repete
I got mine at SM City. I didn't know they closed. I need another one too, this time I am thinking 3/4 with a visor. Wonder if they come in Raspberry :confused: