Looking for new hay

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
I've got access to square bales and round bales. Depends on what you are looking for - do you want to pick it up from the field or delivered?

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
We've got some Amish farmers who are selling - delivered it is $4.50 a bale for Orchard grass/alfalfa mix. It is cheaper in the field but can be difficult to coordinate when they are cutting - they usually can't call you and tell you to be there in an hour.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
HorseLady said:
I've got access to square bales and round bales. Depends on what you are looking for - do you want to pick it up from the field or delivered?
Where can i get rounds out of the field? That would be nice. :biggrin: I'll need some in a few weeks.

deb20646

I got too much hay and am willing to sell some of mine. It is a grass mix I paid $5.50 a bale delivered I will sell for $5.00 a bale because I will not be able to use it all

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
HorseLady said:
Hey HorseLady, can you tell me where you have access to hay that can be picked up in the field? We are looking for a small amount of squares (like 40 or so) and rounds by the flatbed load (15+ @ a time), NO fescue though. I've gotten it from Roy Norris that last few times and his is awful. Loaded with stickers and tree branches. I'd like to find someone who is willing to sell for around 25$ or less a round at that quantity picked up out of the field. I could work a deal where we could drop a load off to your place too if you know of a REALLY good deal. :huggy: (We have 2 flatbeds and 2 F350 trucks)

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
I just got a load from upper MD...Dr Boyd has no hay...NONE
funny boy said he saw him at ridgell's and he told him he'd been doing nothing but baling hay.....hmm.
i guess you got squares? how come you didn't get any from around here? elise has some. rounds and square. she was just a little pricy for me. 35.00/round.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
happyappygirl said:
Hey HorseLady, can you tell me where you have access to hay that can be picked up in the field? We are looking for a small amount of squares (like 40 or so) and rounds by the flatbed load (15+ @ a time), NO fescue though. I've gotten it from Roy Norris that last few times and his is awful. Loaded with stickers and tree branches. I'd like to find someone who is willing to sell for around 25$ or less a round at that quantity picked up out of the field. I could work a deal where we could drop a load off to your place too if you know of a REALLY good deal. :huggy: (We have 2 flatbeds and 2 F350 trucks)
Hey Happyappygirl! Since I last posted to this thread hay has gotten really scarce!!! We've got someone who hopes to be baling the squares in the middle of Sept that is super nice alfalfa/orchard grass and still $4.50. The price of round bales has gone up - we are lucky to get them at $35 and not selling them at this time - we may be in trouble ourselves come Feb. Around here not many farmers are doing hay. The cost of fuel, string, maintence and fertilizer has really hit them hard. They can get $2.00 a bale for straw so they are much better off using fields for soybeans and wheat/rye than for hay. The days of $2.00 hay are gone I'm afraid.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
You my dear can be the beautiful black eyed Happyappy...now don't make me talk to myself again..shhhhh I hear voices...

Oh I want to go on the ride this weekend...call me about it...
OH CONTRAIRRE!! I want a NEW face without black eyes and a fat nose and lip.
Please do share! :biggrin:

~CLEEK for SMTR Website~

Last edited: