Appy - or anyone else that may have an answer

K

Kizzy

Tonight, I finally approached this cat that has been hanging around our house. She willingly walked closer and was purring away, but she is completely matted in knots. It is absolutely horrible to see how badly this poor cat is matted. She almost walks as if she is intoxicated, trying to balance these horrible clumps of matted hair on her body. Well, I found a tag and called the owner, thinking she must have strayed from home. The owner said, oh no, she is fine, just let her go and she will come home. I said, oh ok, and mentioned the clumps of matted hair. He said “my vet said some cats are just not good at grooming themselves.”

:ohwell: So some cats are slobs? :confused:

The cat is the same type of cat we own. Of course mine looks like a giant fur ball, but he isn't matted.

Attachments

• Kitty.jpg
    Kitty.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 196
Last edited by a moderator:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Some cats do not groom very well. HOWEVER, long hair cats require brushing. Matted hair can pull, cause sores, retain liquid if the cat gets wet causing worse sores, even maggots. That owner is full of crap. I'd call the humane society or somebody. People that own long haired cats shouldn't get them if they don't take the time to brush them often and give them the extra care the cat needs.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Sounds like some owners are making up excuses for not taking care of their cat's grooming needs. Those clumps of hair pull the skin and hurt the kitty, and I seriously doubt any reputable vet would recommend just letting them there.
As far as the imbalance...one of the first signs of an illness is an inability to groom themselves. That cat could be sick. :poorkitty:

PrepH4U

Kizzy said:
Tonight, I finally approached this cat that has been hanging around our house. She willingly walked closer and was purring away, but she is completely matted in knots. It is absolutely horrible to see how badly this poor cat is matted. She almost walks as if she is intoxicated, trying to balance these horrible clumps of matted hair on her body. Well, I found a tag and called the owner, thinking she must have strayed from home. The owner said, oh no, she is fine, just let her go and she will come home. I said, oh ok, and mentioned the clumps of matted hair. He said “my vet said some cats are just not good at grooming themselves.”

:ohwell: So some cats are slobs? :confused:

The cat is the same type of cat we own. Of course mine looks like a giant fur ball, but he isn't matted.
What a cute kitty! In my opinion long haired cats need brushing. That lady must love to clean up hairballs all the time! She should have also come pick up her cat! Some people just don't get it! :patriot:

K

Kizzy

cattitude said:
Some cats do not groom very well. HOWEVER, long hair cat require brushing. Matted hair can pull, cause sores, retain liquid if the cat gets wet causing worse sores, even maggots. That owner is full of crap. I'd call the humane society or somebody. People that own long haired cats shouldn't get them if they don't take the time to brush them often and give them the extra care the cat needs.

That is EXACTLY what I thought. :mad: It is pathetic, no cat should have to walk around like that, trying to balance these fricken mass clumps. I seriously thought the cat strayed away from home, and maybe she had been missing for a long period of time. Then, when the owner said that, I was like gosh, don’t they care?

I don’t know what we will do, but I was seriously considering asking the owner if we could have her. :ohwell:

My meanie husband said even if the owner said yes, his answer is no.

:duh: Like he is the boss of me.

K

Kizzy

PrepH4U said:
What a cute kitty! In my opinion long haired cats need brushing. That lady must love to clean up hairballs all the time! She should have also come pick up her cat! Some people just don't get it! :patriot:

Thank you, I think he is adorable. :blushing:

It is a "he" owner. I think just looking at the cat is painful, and believe it or not, the cat was less bothered by Milo then he was Thomas (our cat).

K

Kizzy

Now my kitty looks really cute

:lmao:

Milo is still trying to figure out what the hell it is.

Attachments

• catshave1.jpg
    catshave1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 112
  • catshave2.jpg
    catshave2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 110
D

dems4me

cattitude said:
Some cats do not groom very well. HOWEVER, long hair cats require brushing. Matted hair can pull, cause sores, retain liquid if the cat gets wet causing worse sores, even maggots. That owner is full of crap. I'd call the humane society or somebody. People that own long haired cats shouldn't get them if they don't take the time to brush them often and give them the extra care the cat needs.

:yeahthat: not only that but if they get in a fight a cat lands a claw in the matt, the aggressive cat can then rip the entire matt out and hurt the matted cat pretty badly and painfully. :frown:

K

Kizzy

southpaw said:
what happened with this cat? do you still have him?

We haven't seen her, and maybe, after the phone call to the owner, he decided to keep her indoors. :shrug:

I hope the owner got her clipped. :duh:

Since we've gotten Thomas clipped (I know, not very original, he came with that name), he has been running around happy.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Kizzy said:
We haven't seen her, and maybe, after the phone call to the owner, he decided to keep her indoors. :shrug:

I hope the owner got her clipped. :duh:

Since we've gotten Thomas clipped (I know, not very original, he came with that name), he has been running around happy.
My kitty don't need clipping. :neener:

Attachments

• timon_leg.jpg
    timon_leg.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 85
K

Kizzy

:poorbaby: You'll never know what it is like to have a freshly shaved pussy. It is so soft. I could pet it all day.