Crabs yet?

D

dems4me

Anyone gone crabbing this weekend in the Patuxent ? Any luck yet? I was thinking about going this weekend.

R

remaxrealtor

dems4me said:
Anyone gone crabbing this weekend in the Patuxent ? Any luck yet? I was thinking about going this weekend.

We picked up some crabs from Capt. Smith's in Solomons yesterday. They were good, but not great yet (I'm not complaining, I'm just glad the season has started!)...a little light. He said these are the best he's able to get so far and they're coming from the Eastern Shore, no one local has any yet.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
remaxrealtor said:
We picked up some crabs from Capt. Smith's in Solomons yesterday. They were good, but not great yet (I'm not complaining, I'm just glad the season has started!)...a little light. He said these are the best he's able to get so far and they're coming from the Eastern Shore, no one local has any yet.
We had a bushel of crabs from Thompson's. Some were a little light but there were only 2 or 3 throwaways and the meat was pretty sweet. Everyone was happy.

R

remaxrealtor

bresamil said:
We had a bushel of crabs from Thompson's. Some were a little light but there were only 2 or 3 throwaways and the meat was pretty sweet. Everyone was happy.

Last year on the way back from the Blessing of the Fleet we were lucky enough to find Farrell's Seafood, a little trailer next to the people's house on the side of the road, 301-769-3505. The people are SOOO nice and gave us a bakers dozen of the fattest, sweetest crabs I'd had in a long time. I tried there on Fri., but she had already sold out for the weekend! Their softcrabs are awesome too! They clean them while you wait.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
remaxrealtor said:
Last year on the way back from the Blessing of the Fleet we were lucky enough to find Farrell's Seafood, a little trailer next to the people's house on the side of the road, 301-769-3505. The people are SOOO nice and gave us a bakers dozen of the fattest, sweetest crabs I'd had in a long time. I tried there on Fri., but she had already sold out for the weekend! Their softcrabs are awesome too! They clean them while you wait.
I know them. Nice folks. But we were dining in Mechanicsville, so we used Thompson's. I've known both families forever - I'm a local.

D

dems4me

Thanks, sounds like I'll try this for a few hours and see what the results are like and see if things arn't any better. If not, then its off to plan B, hitting the Potomac for huge bass and cats... Thanks! :dance:

R

remaxrealtor

bresamil said:
I know them. Nice folks. But we were dining in Mechanicsville, so we used Thompson's. I've known both families forever - I'm a local.

Back when we had oakwood we used to get the majority of our seafood from Thompsons. Really nicxe folks and very fair in their pricing, etc. I'd recommend them any time!

D

dems4me

I hope to attempt to go crabbing tomorrow morning. I'll let y'all know how it goes!!! :clap: :dance:

K

Kain99

dems4me said:
I hope to attempt to go crabbing tomorrow morning. I'll let y'all know how it goes!!! :clap: :dance:
Hahahahaha! Gosh Dems that is sooo funny! You ask about crabs and everyone talks about buying them. I guess you and I are the only redneck crab catching hillbilly's left! :lol:

D

dems4me

Kain99 said:
Hahahahaha! Gosh Dems that is sooo funny! You ask about crabs and everyone talks about buying them. I guess you and I are the only redneck crab catching hillbilly's left! :lol:

I guess so, but I had no luck and we didn't stay out too long. Minor yearly first time out problems with the boat problems, reading the tides and then I almost drowned out in the river and was tangled up in all the string and heavy mud-filled traps :drama: :lol: ... will try again in a few weeks :huggy: