Master and Commander

fishinfool

Among other things
Has anyone else read this book and the others in the series? I am reading them now and think they are TERRIFIC! It was a good movie but the books are great stories. Kind of hard to get used to the ole English writing style but worth the time.

fishinfool

Among other things
elaine said:
I haven't read the book, but the movie has put me to sleep three times.

Not into action/adventure type stuff huh? It kind of a guys movie. The books are better.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
fishinfool said:
Not into action/adventure type stuff huh? It kind of a guys movie. The books are better.

Actually, I am into action adventure movies. I loved the Horatio Hornblower series. M & C just put me to sleep. :shrug:

fishinfool

Among other things
I plan on reading the Horatio Hornblower series next. They don't have the video series at Blockbuster. Did you catch it on TV or rent it somewhere? I haven't checked the library yet.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
fishinfool said:
I plan on reading the Horatio Hornblower series next. They don't have the video series at Blockbuster. Did you catch it on TV or rent it somewhere? I haven't checked the library yet.

I watched it on A&E, and you can order it from the A&E web site. You can rent it from netflix. I would imagine you can get it from amazon.com, too.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
fishinfool said:
Has anyone else read this book and the others in the series? I am reading them now and think they are TERRIFIC! It was a good movie but the books are great stories. Kind of hard to get used to the ole English writing style but worth the time.
I did not know there were books. Who's the author?

fishinfool

Among other things
Bustem' Down said:
I did not know there were books. Who's the author?

There 20-1/2 books (he died in the middle of writing the 21st one) by Patrick O'Brian, covering the life and times of the fictional characters Jack Aubrey and Stephen Maturin.