Baked Sweet Taters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
Don't put sugar and butter on them.
:zing: :lol:

Sweet potatoes are fine just the way they are. I have an aversion to sugar and marshmallows on my vegetables - it's just wrong and unnatural. Treat them like a normal spud - bake, slice and fry, mash, whatever.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
:zing: :lol:

Sweet potatoes are fine just the way they are. I have an aversion to sugar and marshmallows on my vegetables - it's just wrong and unnatural. Treat them like a normal spud - bake, slice and fry, mash, whatever.

I did send her a pm with a non-smartazz suggestion.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
JabbaJawz said:
How do you cook them so they taste decent but aren't loaded with sugar and butter?
i think you put them in the oven and bake them.. but I may be mistaken.. :patriot: :patriot:

nawty1

Poker Shark
Down in Fla. they bake them and serve them with butter and cinnamon...you could probably use a butter substitute, but I like my cholesterol! My mom bakes them with chopped walnuts which is good too.

Agee

For the on the go mom...

Mikeinsmd said:
Wait for Uni & Air to read this...... they'll have some good recipies I'm sure!! :yum:

I wrap them in foil, and place on the engine of the jeep, while I'm running around town. By the time I get home Wa-La!, baked to perfection.

Like to serve them with S&P, and a 10W40 drizzle :yay:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
JabbaJawz said:
How do you cook them so they taste decent but aren't loaded with sugar and butter?
I like them loaded with cinnamon & sugar, butter and just a touch of syrup. :yum: You can get some spray butter that's fat-free. :shrug:

Mikeinsmd

Airgasm said:
I wrap them in foil, and place on the engine of the jeep, while I'm running around town. By the time I get home Wa-La!, baked to perfection. Like to serve them with S&P, and a 10W40 drizzle :yay:
:high5: :killingme