Ballistic Eagle Jet Motorcycle at MIR this weekend!

Ponytail

My buddy Kevin will be here this weekend and running his Jet Bike at MIR. If you have even the slightest intersest in seeing this bike up close and personal, I URGE you to go see it this weekend. You are in for something special. And that's all I can say.

www.ballisticeagle.com
http://www.mirdrag.com/

I will be there for sure.

K

Kizzy

We had a blast and the kids LOVED it. I have some terrific pictures I'll post as soon as I unload them.

PT,

I have a question, when your buddy ran, was there some kind of problem? I have never seen the jet bikes before, and they do seem complicated, not to mention extremely dangerous but I thought/we thought maybe there was a complicaton or do they not normally make it down the track. :shrug:

I think the residue in the air burning from the cars is why I woke up with both my eyes swollen this morning.

K

Kizzy

If I wasn’t so fricken determined, I would have given up on this the 1st hour this morning that I couldn’t get it to work, but I think I got it.

:crossingfingers:

Hope this works, and if it does, it is video of Bunny in her funny car. 6.02 second run which was 234 MPH.

Click

mainman

Set Trippin
Boy and I went with a coworker and his kid. We had a total blast. I was surprised we didn't bump into any forumites. :banana:

I think the bike failed on both runs... :ohwell: It did alot of sputtering once he actually took off...

Boy was totally amazed by the spectacle and wants more...:roflmao:

Ponytail

Hmmm...I didn't know any forumites were actually going to go, otherwise I would have met ya's some where and introduced ya's to Kevin. Prolly could have gotten ya some pics of the kids next to the bike...prolly not on it, but who knows...

Yea, Kevin had two very disappointing runs. That bike SHOULD be running, and has run in the past, 200mph+.

He got off to great starts, but then the motor would return to idle at half track and would not stay lit. They thought after the first run that it was an electrical gremlin but when he left Saturday night, they just didn't know, which is why they didn't bother making the 3rd scheduled run. His return to MIR is questionable right now. He and the crew are pretty disappointed, quite tired and down on the whole project.

He is supposed to be back in two weeks to run on July 10th. If you're kids liked what they saw this weekend, whether Kevin comes back or not, that will be a GREAT weekend to take the kids. ALL motorcycle weekend. 200mph+ motorcycles...makes the hair on my arms stand on end every time I see it. That weekend is NOT the All Harley Drags, which I do NOT recommend for the kids. :lol:

Sucks for kevin, but when I get more info from him about the bike and/or his return, I'll let ya's know.

His father was there to see him run as was the crew and their families, so Kevin was REALLY looking to do something special on Saturday. HOPEFULLY, he'll be back. And if ya's went to the pits to see him, hopefully the kids got an autographed picture, if not, let me know, and I'll get some for ya's.

PT

Last edited:

Ponytail

mainman said:
Boy and I went with a coworker and his kid. We had a total blast. I was surprised we didn't bump into any forumites. :banana:

I think the bike failed on both runs... :ohwell: It did alot of sputtering once he actually took off...

Boy was totally amazed by the spectacle and wants more...:roflmao:

Did you see the big fight on the pit side of the track in front of the stands? That is where I was sitting. big group sitting right next to me. Best seats I have ever had for a steel cage match. :lol: