Senators or Orioles?

Birds or Pols? (multi choice for the fun of it)

• Orioles for Life!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Senators! About effing time!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I hate birds

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • ...and politicians

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Can't I like both?

• No

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • If not for Angelos...

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • ...watch that freak end up owner of the Nats too!

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Minor leages; eff the big boys

• I don't know what this poll is about

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I don't care for the Texas Rangers. :neener:

I like the Nationals. I gave up on the Orioles because of Angelos. I follow a little bit because I like Surhoff and Palmiero..but they're from a different era of the Orioles. I like Camden Yards but I found that going wasn't as much about people rooting for the team as it was an "event" but that happens a lot at other sports venues as well...just like when they moved the Skins out of RFK.

Otter

Nothing to see here
cattitude said:
I don't care for the Texas Rangers. :neener:

I like the Nationals. I gave up on the Orioles because of Angelos. I follow a little bit because I like Surhoff and Palmiero..but they're from a different era of the Orioles. I like Camden Yards but I found that going wasn't as much about people rooting for the team as it was an "event" but that happens a lot at other sports venues as well...just like when they moved the Skins out of RFK.

:yeahthat:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
My 4' 6" 82-year-old mother would want to vote on this, so I did it for her. I picked both. She'd shoot me if I only picked one.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
My brother works for Angelos, so I have a loyalty to the perks. :lol: But I'm very excited about seeing the Nationals at RFK, BABY!!!!!

willie

Senators :confused:
I don't know what this poll is about but the Nationals lead their division by 4 games!

rraley

I love both of them...I definitely got a better baseball feeling at RFK than at Camden Yards...it seems like National fans are fans because they genuinely love their team and their city while at an O's game it seems like the fans are there because they either a) like the opposing team, b) feel obligated because their father liked them, or c) wanna go to the cool place in town and hook up with someone before going out to the bars...Still gotta hold some loyalty though for the team that I've loved since birth.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Larry Gude said:
...because I meant Nationals!
Interesting, Larry, you can do a Web search on the Senators and there are Web sites where they are calling the Nationals the Senators and v/v. I remember when we had the Washington Senators, so I knew what you meant.

willie

Railroad said:
Interesting, Larry, you can do a Web search on the Senators and there are Web sites where they are calling the Nationals the Senators and v/v. I remember when we had the Washington Senators, so I knew what you meant.
My original choice was to re-name the new team "Senators" but the real life Congress is a bunch of losers. Nationals are winners. It's a sad thing that our other local team has to be owned by Peter Angelos.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I voted for the O's because I'm a Marylander and they are the home team. I don't care for Angelos...never thought he had the O's best interest at heart. And I deeply miss Memorial Stadium. I grew up going to O's games there and have wonderful memories. I hate Camden Yards...yuppie park.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
willie said:
My original choice was to re-name the new team "Senators" but the real life Congress is a bunch of losers. Nationals are winners. It's a sad thing that our other local team has to be owned by Peter Angelos.
I don't know anything about this Angelos fellow - probably because I don't follow news, much less baseball, very closely. As for Congress, I'm learning a few things about the culture there that I wasn't previously aware of, and I have to say that so far at least, it appears to be a self-perpetuating body that represent the people only by coincidence.

willie

Railroad said:
I don't know anything about this Angelos fellow - probably because I don't follow news, much less baseball, very closely.
1 entry found for Peter Angelos.
scum·bag ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skmbg)
n. Slang
A person regarded as despicable.

O's fan all the way here.

Nothing against the Nationals/Senators or the city of Washington. Glad they have a team back, and I wish them well.

But I've always been a Baltimore type of guy. When I lived in Maryland, I read The Sun, watched Channel 13 news, and flew out of BWI. I had family in Balmer, so I'd be there every week. My dad loved to tell me stories about the O's in 1966 and the Colts in 1958. My first baseball game was at Memorial Stadium during the "Why Not?" year of 1989, and boy was that ever a magical night.

With Washington, it was once or twice a year that I'd go there, usually for field trips. The Redskins never really grew on me, and I really held out on the NFL until the Ravens came to town. Again, I never really disliked Washington or its teams; its just that they are rather foriegn to me. I've got about as much attachment to Washington and its sports teams as I do to, say, Kansas City or St. Louis.

Yeah, Angelos might be a jerk, but I root for the team, not the owner. And the team I always rooted for growing up was the Baltimore Orioles. So if you ask me what team I'd root for, I'd say O's in a heartbeat. Next time I'm in town, I definetly want to check out a game...I've heard that the atmosphere at OPACY is great now that they have a winning team and fans who want to be there as opposed to "fashion fans."

Plus, my adoptive team down here in South Florida and my favorite National League team, the Marlins, play in the NL East, so it's natural that I really can't root for the Nationals.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I only root for one team - the Yankees! :cheers: But heck, where would the Nationals be without Nick Johnson(lemme see, who did he used to play for?) :lol:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
willie said:
1 entry found for Peter Angelos.
scum·bag ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skmbg)
n. Slang
A person regarded as despicable.
He's always been very nice to me. :shrug:

(That was for you, Mrs. Jones :kiss:)