Speaking of Goldfish.....

H

HykrChk

As I'm new on here, none of you may know that I was born with a life handicapping disability that will always and forever stunt my natural growth and progression as a human. Some of you may have heard of this debilitating disease, as its fairly common in the Animal Rescue circles, but experts still havent decided on its proper medical terminology. But victims of this condition were somehow born with a naturally replenishing deposit of chiken-n-liver Kong stuffing in the palm of their hands, thereby drawing the attention and affection of anything skinny with crust in its eyes, and yes my friends, as you may guess, I suffer from this heart-wrenching affliction, except, as I have just learned recently, I also hold a special attraction for ferrets and *suprise* goldfish. I will elaborate more on my special animal calling powers later, but for now I'd like to ask some advice of ya'll fine folks. I have recently acquired a carnival goldfish from the carnival in PF a couple of weekends ago (which must have been an out of body experience because I was 5 hours and a couple of moutain peaks away in Shenandoah that weekend, but thats another story) that was at first, a pitiful excuse of a fish, covered in ick, no scales on his ribcage, he couldnt swim, and so was at the mercy of the God of the tides (aka WhisperQuiet 30-50g Pro Series Filter (w/ pre activated carbon for less mess!). But as time went by the fish got better and is now the bane of my existence. You see, I have a nice, roomy, clear watered, thriving freshwater ecosystem, all of my fish exist nicely togther, the danio's are laying eggs, the frogs play with the pleco, they are a happy, healthy family, or should I say.....WERE. That goldfish does nothing but pace, up and down, back and forth, terrorizing the poor danio daddy who tries to show how big and bad he is but the goldfish is too busy eating EVERYTHING in sight to notice D.D.'s pretty red tail. And now, the goldfish is turning black! His fins and his sides where scales were missing and where the surface was damaged is turning black. The other fish dont show any signs of ill health and in fact the Golden One is as vibrant and active as ever, I only have another 3 gallon tank with a prissy red beta and an algae eater and I think the beta and the GF would kill each other. As I love all animals, I want the goldfish to live happily but he is greatly disturbing my other fish, so I guess what I'm asking for (if you've taken the time to read this far) is any sort of idea as how I could remedy this problem short of buying a whole new setup for a goldfish that I didnt even ask for (I literally came home to a new fish in my tank courtesy of my younger sister who was asked to feed the fish, not add to them). If there is anyone who would want the goldfish and who would give it a nice area to live in, please contact me, there is an ad in the Other Pets section of the Classifieds that I posted for a ferret (wanted, not selling) that should have my phone #, but even if you have any tips on what to do with him as far as the black on his fins, thatd be wonderful, and if not, thanks anyways for reading so far, and happy posting!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
HykrChk said:
As I'm new on here, none of you may know that I was born with a life handicapping disability that will always and forever stunt my natural growth and progression as a human. Some of you may have heard of this debilitating disease, as its fairly common in the Animal Rescue circles, but experts still havent decided on its proper medical terminology. But victims of this condition were somehow born with a naturally replenishing deposit of chiken-n-liver Kong stuffing in the palm of their hands, thereby drawing the attention and affection of anything skinny with crust in its eyes, and yes my friends, as you may guess, I suffer from this heart-wrenching affliction, except, as I have just learned recently, I also hold a special attraction for ferrets and *suprise* goldfish. I will elaborate more on my special animal calling powers later, but for now I'd like to ask some advice of ya'll fine folks. I have recently acquired a carnival goldfish from the carnival in PF a couple of weekends ago (which must have been an out of body experience because I was 5 hours and a couple of moutain peaks away in Shenandoah that weekend, but thats another story) that was at first, a pitiful excuse of a fish, covered in ick, no scales on his ribcage, he couldnt swim, and so was at the mercy of the God of the tides (aka WhisperQuiet 30-50g Pro Series Filter (w/ pre activated carbon for less mess!). But as time went by the fish got better and is now the bane of my existence. You see, I have a nice, roomy, clear watered, thriving freshwater ecosystem, all of my fish exist nicely togther, the danio's are laying eggs, the frogs play with the pleco, they are a happy, healthy family, or should I say.....WERE. That goldfish does nothing but pace, up and down, back and forth, terrorizing the poor danio daddy who tries to show how big and bad he is but the goldfish is too busy eating EVERYTHING in sight to notice D.D.'s pretty red tail. And now, the goldfish is turning black! His fins and his sides where scales were missing and where the surface was damaged is turning black. The other fish dont show any signs of ill health and in fact the Golden One is as vibrant and active as ever, I only have another 3 gallon tank with a prissy red beta and an algae eater and I think the beta and the GF would kill each other. As I love all animals, I want the goldfish to live happily but he is greatly disturbing my other fish, so I guess what I'm asking for (if you've taken the time to read this far) is any sort of idea as how I could remedy this problem short of buying a whole new setup for a goldfish that I didnt even ask for (I literally came home to a new fish in my tank courtesy of my younger sister who was asked to feed the fish, not add to them). If there is anyone who would want the goldfish and who would give it a nice area to live in, please contact me, there is an ad in the Other Pets section of the Classifieds that I posted for a ferret (wanted, not selling) that should have my phone #, but even if you have any tips on what to do with him as far as the black on his fins, thatd be wonderful, and if not, thanks anyways for reading so far, and happy posting!
Toilet.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
HykrChk said:

All this for a 39 cent goldfish. save the tree.

Calvert newbie

haha i won a fish there too (well not me my 6 year old daughter) so that nite i had to hit walmart and buy fish supplies and it didnt last very long so i replaced with some fish from petsmart and come to find goldfish are very dirty fish i have to change 23 of the water everyother day and treat water once a week :banghead: