Hand held recorder

BuddyLee

Football addict
Can anyone recommend a good one? Good sites to shop on? I'm not looking to spend an astronomical amount but I don't want the screws falling out in a few years. I'm also looking to see if I can buy a computer program where I can submit my DVD/information into the computer and edit the video. Anyone know where I could find that? TIA

K

Kizzy

BuddyLee said:
Can anyone recommend a good one? Good sites to shop on? I'm not looking to spend an astronomical amount but I don't want the screws falling out in a few years. I'm also looking to see if I can buy a computer program where I can submit my DVD/information into the computer and edit the video. Anyone know where I could find that? TIA

Are you looking for one to tape class lectures?

With the tiny cassette tapes?

If so, don't spend one cent, I have one here that collects dust.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Kizzy said:
Are you looking for one to tape class lectures?

With the tiny cassette tapes?

If so, don't spend one cent, I have one here that collects dust.
:lol: Not that kind of hand held recorder. I already have one of those for ghost hunting. I'm looking for the kind that produces home movies.

K

Kizzy

BuddyLee said:
:lol: Not that kind of hand held recorder. I already have one of those for ghost hunting. I'm looking for the kind that produces home movies.

Gotcha :yay:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Said it used MiniDV's which I've never heard of so I looked it up. Looks like mini tapes you slide into the recorder. I'm wondering if it's possible to convert them onto a DVD via personal computer.

ylexot

Super Genius
BuddyLee said:
Said it used MiniDV's which I've never heard of so I looked it up. Looks like mini tapes you slide into the recorder. I'm wondering if it's possible to convert them onto a DVD via personal computer.
Yes, it is. I'm not sure what software is necessary, but most camcorders these days have firewire or USB 2.0 outputs so you can trasfer to a computer. MiniDV is the latest "standard" digital video tape.

Here are some others in the $300 price range:
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/eccamera/shop/detail~dpno~546324~Action~Detail.asp

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/eccamera/shop/detail~dpno~546325.asp

ylexot

Super Genius
Here ya go BL...the Canon ZR200 for $290 plus there is a $50 rebate. Shipping is $12.95 according to cnet.

http://www.priceritephoto.com/priceritephoto/itemdesc.asp?CartId={58F9936F-8591-4692-93EVERESTE8-35585E258839}&ic=CN0058B001

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
BuddyLee said:

Sony HandiCam sounds like what you are looking for. Comes with the computer software too.

willie

BuddyLee said:
If your computer has a 1394 firewire input you can do it. I feed my miniDV from the camera to a Panasonic DVD recorder with the "S" cable and a separate audio cable. Either way is easy enough.

Boogerman

Pick and Flick Adventure!
willie said:
If your computer has a 1394 firewire input you can do it. I feed my miniDV from the camera to a Panasonic DVD recorder with the "S" cable and a separate audio cable. Either way is easy enough.
:yeahthat:

Plus you can use Windows Movie Maker (standard install in Win ME, XP) to edit the video.