I DO LOVE the race track!

Ponytail

From MIR this past weekend. I have 3 rolls of film to pick up this weekend. I'll post more if they come out ok.

Attachments

• ballistic babe small.jpg
    ballistic babe small.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Kevin3rdsmall.jpg
    Kevin3rdsmall.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 172

dustin

UAIOE
Ponytail said:
From MIR this past weekend. I have 3 rolls of film to pick up this weekend. I'll post more if they come out ok.
That's your buddy on that bike correct? Or does your buddy have the orange top on?

Ponytail

dustin said:
That's your buddy on that bike correct? Or does your buddy have the orange top on?

Yes, my buddy kevin is on the bike in the smoky picture on the right.
:lol:

I'll leave further comments about the orange top for conversations between myself, kevin, and his crew. :lol:

dustin

UAIOE
Ponytail said:
Yes, my buddy kevin is on the bike in the smoky picture on the right.

I'll leave further comments about the orange top for conversations between myself, kevin, and his crew. :lol:

It's the jet bike right? What were his times?

Ponytail

He ran 182mph twice, and 187mph once, all hovering around the 8 second time.

IHRA is still placing limits on him at 180 mph till he can establish a safety record. He'll be over 200 mph soon enough. The bike SHOULD be pushing 250 mph in the quarter.

dustin

UAIOE
Ponytail said:

IHRA is still placing limits on him at 180 mph till he can establish a safety record. He'll be over 200 mph soon enough. The bike SHOULD be pushing 250 mph in the quarter.
Holy thrusting torque batman!

:yikes:

Vince

Ponytail said:

Holy sh!t!! I'm sorry I missed it especially the lady in the orange. :banghead:

LooseTooth

open loop stable
I saw the jet bike run a few weeks ago. He was just 'tuning it up' :yikes:

Do any of you guys race bikes out there on Friday nights?

LooseTooth

open loop stable
I guess the answer is NO. Nobody races their bikes at MIR?

I was just wondering if I ever lined up with any of you guys. :confused:

Ponytail

Sorry man. I missed your post. I used to race every Friday when I lived in Georgia, sometimes on one of Kevins (the jet bike dude) bikes.

I don't have anything worth running out there now though. No fun anymore unless I can go 150+. The rush is gone, from te drag track at least. Kevin ruined me.

1/8 mile tracks are still fun. That's where the real race is anyway, off the line. It gets REALLY interesting watching guys trying to launch better.

Last edited:

LooseTooth

open loop stable
Ponytail said:
1/8 mile tracks are still fun. That's where the real race is anyway, off the line. It gets REALLY interesting watching guys trying to launch better.

This is true. I'm new to the sport, but this does seem to be the problem. One of my last runs I started in on a wheelie off the line and headed right for the wall. I'm doing well, however. The only two I have lost were when I missed a shift going into third...

Last edited:

Ponytail

LooseTooth said:
This is true. I'm new to the sport, but this does seem to be the problem. One of my last runs I started in on a wheelie off the line and headed right for the wall. I'm doing well, however. The only two I have lost were when I missed a shift going into third...

what bike/class are you running?

LooseTooth

open loop stable
I'm in the 11.6 bracket :lol:

That is about as fast as my 636 Ninja can get my 215lbs down the track. Actually, if I could get that launch down, I'd be doing a little better.

Ponytail

LooseTooth said:
I'm in the 11.6 bracket :lol:

That is about as fast as my 636 Ninja can get my 215lbs down the track. Actually, if I could get that launch down, I'd be doing a little better.

Are you playing with tire pressure and launch RPM at all? It takes quite some time to get the launch RPM's dialed in. Consistancy is where it's at for bracket racing though. As long as you can do the same thing every time, speed means nothing.

LooseTooth

open loop stable
No I'm leaving the tire pressure normal. I'm trying to keep the RPMs up, but I'm still bogging down at the start. I should be able to drop a half second on that bike as is. I'm pretty much the only one running without a lowered bike, and do not want to set this bike up totaly for drag, as I am more interested in the road racing side of things. I just thought I'd try it. At $15, it is cheap fun as long as you run what you brung. I'm new up here and hoping to make it over to Summit Point for the first time before the summer's out.

Ponytail

I hear ya. I'd like to try Summit Point myself one of these days. There's frequent trips to Deals Gap in my BRAG club, and even monthly classes at Pocono. Someday I'll make it.

You may have to play with your clutch settings. Let it slip at the launch so it's not hitting so hard. That'll let you launch at a higher RPM without lifting the front wheel.