• Damn good question

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are you talking politically or geographically? Slavery is wrong but I can understand how the South would have been pissed at being denied their state's rights by Emperor Abe. And the way the South got decimated is just shameful. But I'd have probably been a Yankee just the same.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm southern all the way. I was born in Florida, my mother is from Alabama and my pop is from North Carolina. I love everything that the south stands for, southern hospitality, southern drawl, mint juleps on the veranda, laid back afternoons in the sweltering heat. Men in light colored suits, women in fabric that caresses their curves. Spanish moss hanging from the limbs of trees, the scent of jasmine on the evening breeze. Salty foam on the ocean waves and sandy beaches sloughing away the edges. Pomp and circumstance interupted by a joke in poor taste and cigar smoke wafting through the room. The stroll through a friendly neighborhood, dotted with familiar smiling faces.....

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'm not sure. Statistically speaking if I were living in this area at that time I would more than likely be a Reb. Politically, I'm not sure on.

fttrsbeerwench

Born in Tennessee, childhood in Kentucky.. Mostly raised in Southern Maryland.. I have family in every one of the southern states... My grand pappy was a rail road engineer, from the gulf to Illinois.. My great-great uncle was the Governor of Arkansas in the 60's. I can catch and eat crawdads, and I don't mind being called honeychild, porkchop, tigerlily, or suga. I keep musket balls form "the WAR" in my jewelry box that my dad dug from a tree in KY..I laugh at and understand Ray Stevens and Jerry Clower. I like chess pie and sweet tea..

Do I qualify?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
elaine said:
I'm southern all the way. I was born in Florida, my mother is from Alabama and my pop is from North Carolina. I love everything that the south stands for, southern hospitality, southern drawl, mint juleps on the veranda, laid back afternoons in the sweltering heat. Men in light colored suits, women in fabric that caresses their curves. Spanish moss hanging from the limbs of trees, the scent of jasmine on the evening breeze. Salty foam on the ocean waves and sandy beaches sloughing away the edges. Pomp and circumstance interupted by a joke in poor taste and cigar smoke wafting through the room. The stroll through a friendly neighborhood, dotted with familiar smiling faces.....
Ahhh, what a picture you paint ... :smile:

mrweb

Iron City
elaine said:
:yeahthat:
Born a Yankee, but have been in the South for the better part of my life. Elaine pretty much says it all.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
fttrsbeerwench said:
Born in Tennessee, childhood in Kentucky.. Mostly raised in Southern Maryland.. I have family in every one of the southern states... My grand pappy was a rail road engineer, from the gulf to Illinois.. My great-great uncle was the Governor of Arkansas in the 60's. I can catch and eat crawdads, and I don't mind being called honeychild, porkchop, tigerlily, or suga. I keep musket balls form "the WAR" in my jewelry box that my dad dug from a tree in KY..I laugh at and understand Ray Stevens and Jerry Clower. I like chess pie and sweet tea..

Do I qualify?

I stayed the summer with my grandmother when I was six. She lived in the hills in Tennessee. I used to go down the hill to the shallow creek and chase crawdads...almost cut my toe off jumping from rock to shore to rock. One jump was onto a broken soda bottle. I used to also climb the mimosa tree in the neighbor's yard, then I'd tie thread to their legs and "fly them".

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
elaine said:
I used to also climb the mimosa tree in the neighbor's yard, then I'd tie thread to their legs and "fly them".
:lol: I love Mimosa trees! NP had a ton of 'em in the yard of her last house, and I see about 20 new ones popping up through the ground at our house here. :smile: They're so pretty ... especially when they're in bloom with the hot pink blossoms.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
crabcake said:
:lol: I love Mimosa trees! NP had a ton of 'em in the yard of her last house, and I see about 20 new ones popping up through the ground at our house here. :smile: They're so pretty ... especially when they're in bloom with the hot pink blossoms.

Dang, did I forget the "catch June bugs" part. :lol: My mind is working faster than my fingers this morning. Guh. I gotta' get out the door and to work.