The wonderful world of beads...

glasscharmer

Quick poll to see if anyone would be interested in a beading club / guild??
My sister and I are both beaders....I also dabble in polymer clay, stained glass, you name it. If there is interest, I will find someplace for us to get together. It is always fun to bead together, share tips and tricks and show off your jewels. Eventually, I'd like to have a retail shop down here....save anyone that beads the pain of having to go to the local craft stores for supplies (thank god for the internet).

The Glass Charmer

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
glasscharmer said:
Quick poll to see if anyone would be interested in a beading club / guild??
My sister and I are both beaders....I also dabble in polymer clay, stained glass, you name it. If there is interest, I will find someplace for us to get together. It is always fun to bead together, share tips and tricks and show off your jewels. Eventually, I'd like to have a retail shop down here....save anyone that beads the pain of having to go to the local craft stores for supplies (thank god for the internet).

The Glass Charmer
Morning! I would be very interested in being involved in a beading club. Currently, I make a lot of glass bead book thongs and bracelets - the easier pieces to put together, but ones that allow creativity. I am playing with different gauges and tools to continually try to improve, however it is often difficult without having the experience of others. I usually will talk to vendors at craft fairs or stare too long at jewelry to see how they've worked a piece together.

Thanks for the post! I'm looking forward to the possibilities!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
virgovictoria said:
Morning! I would be very interested in being involved in a beading club. Currently, I make a lot of glass bead book thongs and bracelets - the easier pieces to put together, but ones that allow creativity. I am playing with different gauges and tools to continually try to improve, however it is often difficult without having the experience of others. I usually will talk to vendors at craft fairs or stare too long at jewelry to see how they've worked a piece together.

VV, we need to get together and share what we know until glass charmer gets this rolling. How 'bout some time next week?

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
elaine said:
VV, we need to get together and share what we know until glass charmer gets this rolling. How 'bout some time next week?

I'm not very experienced, but would be up for it! Let us see what works!

glasscharmer

My husband is a member of the local Elk's Lodge....I will see maybe we could use a room there. Anybod know how often they would like to meet? Twice a month? Once a month? Once a week? I may be able to get something together as quickly as next week or the following. This will be fun!

glasscharmer

thanks!

Sharon said:
You have some very pretty stuff on your website. :yay:

Thanks! For some reason, beading and wire wrapping was something that came very easily to me....I also find it to be very relaxing, and rewarding to finish a piece. I had enough people say "you should sell that stuff"...that finally, i did!

:thewave: :thewave:

fishinfool

Among other things
virgovictoria said:

What's a book thong? Now a bead thong sounds interesting and KINKY...lol.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
glasscharmer said:
My husband is a member of the local Elk's Lodge....I will see maybe we could use a room there. Anybod know how often they would like to meet? Twice a month? Once a month? Once a week? I may be able to get something together as quickly as next week or the following. This will be fun!

You still out there? How 'bout once a month? We could always do more if we find we need to. I can only meet on week nights...my weekends are booked through October.

mdbeadboutique

Bead work table space

There is a great new bead store that opened in Prince Frederick that has table space to bead at your own pace and meet new people with the same interest. The bead boutique is located in the Prince Frederick Center shopping plaza on Rt 2/4 just south of Rt 231 in the North end of the plaza.