Poll: Hobbies

johnson0424

anyone have any particular hobbies? I am trying to pick one up and like alot of things but dont know if available to do in southern maryland

Pete

Repete
johnson0424 said:
anyone have any particular hobbies? I am trying to pick one up and like alot of things but dont know if available to do in southern maryland
Tae Kwon Do and Origami

OK, I was :liar: about the origami :lmao:

BuddyLee

Football addict
johnson0424 said:
Ghost hunting.:yay:

MGenie

MortgageGenie
johnson0424 said:
Have you tried Dancing? It's great fun and a good way to stay styling to, or join a gym. Actually exercising can turn into a hobby once you start actually realizing things are happening. If you more cerebral type try Politics. Yes, I said politics! Find an issue you’re really interested in and follow it - before you know it you'll be an expert and debating with the best of em. If you have angst, again something follow that, and see what's being done or not.
It really grows on you once you start understanding what the heck they’re all talkin bout.

LooseTooth

open loop stable
Awesome! I have some stories myself. I would love to get together with you guys sometime on this stuff.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
kingvjack said:
I cross stitch
Me too. It keeps my hands busy so I won't try and put things in my mouth. :shrug: I have an oral fixation.

johnson (I want to snicker at this screen name - tg it isn't bigjohnson:lmao:), there are all kinds of auto/motorcycle clubs and associations, there is also optimists club, elks lodge, and a variety of civic and public organizations (such as the fire dept and ems) in the area if your goal is to have an outlet of socialization while working on a worthwhile goal.

I've know lots of folks do everything from scrapbooking to stamp collecting, boating, fishing, hiking, fossil hunting, etc. If you actually have a hobby or interest, odds are you will be able to pursue it (as long as it isn't illegal) the same here as you would anywhere else.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
johnson0424 said:
lets see, there is:

Aquarist (tropical FIsh Tanks)
Archery
Shooting (though it's been awhile)
Motorcycling
Sailing
Fishing
Crabbing
Dad (it's NOT just a job)
Gardening (roses)
Yard Work/ landscaping
Reading

And then the BIGGEST hobby of all.. trying to fit all of them into a single two or three day week-end!!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I love to quilt, although I haven't done it in quite some time. But I WILL dig out my sewing stuff when the cool weather hits again.

kingvjack

BadGirl said:
I love to quilt, although I haven't done it in quite some time. But I WILL dig out my sewing stuff when the cool weather hits again.
and You'll make me some damn socks wench.... :whip:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I have made available to me, in my home, the necessary implements to crochet, watercolor, sketch, rubber stamp, model clay, paint, fabric paint, use pastels and markers, sew, work with wire and beads... And probably other crafts as I feel inspired... Primarily, I like to work with wire and glass beads... In addition, I like to crochet - to keep my hands busy, not necessarily to make anything - and to use fine markers to "color" floral designs. :shrug:

Vince

Woodworking (furniture making)
Motorcycles
computers
Vegetable garden

Anymore hobbies and I won't be able to keep up with the yardwork and housework.