Boat license

J

jojosdad

Can anyone tell me where you can obtain another boat license from? I had one, but am very weary about taking out the boat without the license. Is this something that they can look up to find out if you actually have one, or will they write you the ticket if you get stopped? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

tomchamp

jojosdad said:
Can anyone tell me where you can obtain another boat license from? I had one, but am very weary about taking out the boat without the license. Is this something that they can look up to find out if you actually have one, or will they write you the ticket if you get stopped? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You had one? :confused: As far as I know to operate a boat you don't need one if you were born before 1972. Anyway contact the DNR or maybe you shouldn't! :confused:

Last edited:
If you mean a boat fishing license, you should be able to go to any establishment that sells them and have them look you up in the computer and print you a new copy of the paperwork (assuming it works like it does for hunting licenses). Probably a minor fee for this service ($5.00 or so).

josmom

He is talking about the Boat Operators License, We were both born between 1978 and 1980, so we both had to take the operators course. He has mis-placed his license and is worried to drive our boat without it. We both have current fishing license and we know where they are. TIA

josmom

DoWhat said:
:da:
Call the place where you took the course.

YW
The place where we took the course is no longer there! It was taken through a community center type program that they no longer have. He was just curious if anyone knew if DNR kept records of things such as that.

josmom said:
The place where we took the course is no longer there! It was taken through a community center type program that they no longer have. He was just curious if anyone knew if DNR kept records of things such as that.
Yes, if you get stopped w/o a liscense you the DNR cop can look up your info and it *should* come up, of course you may get a ticket for not having your liscense on you, but most of the time they will just give you a verbal warning.

josmom said:
Yes, they keep the info on file. What'd be the point of making you take a class, if they didn't keep a record? It's not like people could make copies of licenses and print them out on the computer if there was not a record kept.
I took the Hunter's Safety Course back in the early 80's at Gwynn Park H.S., and after I showed it to get my license that year, as long as I showed the prior year license, I never needed to show my card. A couple years ago the state changed the rules. You have to show your card now to get a hunting license. I couldn't find mine. Called up DNR and they mailed me a new copy. Took about a week.

josmom

huntr1 said:
Yes, they keep the info on file. What'd be the point of making you take a class, if they didn't keep a record? It's not like people could make copies of licenses and print them out on the computer if there was not a record kept.
I took the Hunter's Safety Course back in the early 80's at Gwynn Park H.S., and after I showed it to get my license that year, as long as I showed the prior year license, I never needed to show my card. A couple years ago the state changed the rules. You have to show your card now to get a hunting license. I couldn't find mine. Called up DNR and they mailed me a new copy. Took about a week.

TYVM!!!! That is what is the information that we were looking for :flowers:

D

dems4me

Pete said:
They have a drivers licence for a boat in MD?

No. If you were born before 1972 all you need is a drivers license (for driving cars) no special boat license or courses required.

Pete

Repete
dems4me said:
No. If you were born before 1972 all you need is a drivers license (for driving cars) no special boat license or courses required.
Thanks and welcome back you bad girl you.

D

dems4me

cattitude said:
Pete, are you running a fever? :lol:

Must of been the moonlight dip we took, I was thinking romance - he was thinking of a drowning.. :lol: