Car Wash

J

jojosdad

Ok folks, I am not trying to make a bad name for a local company or saying that they did not take care of the problem, but just so you don't have the same problem(i.e. just be careful).

I took my truck into the new car wash in Loveville, I believe the wash hut, and the first time through was great. It really cleaned the car.....alot of high power water, making sure it got all the dirt and grime off of the truck.
The second time through the wash, the overhead wash(that covers the hood roof and bed) one of the fabric pieces got caught in my windshield wiper. It pulled at the wiper until it finally tore off a piece of the fabric. When the fabric finally tore off, it moved the whole truck.
Well, in the long run, it bent the wiper arm. I let the owners of the wash know, and they were very helpful in getting the problem fixed. Cut me a check for the amount of the part plus installation of the part.

Just thought that I would give everyone a heads up.

BuddyLee

Football addict
jojosdad said:
Noted: If I need new wiper blades on my car go to The Wash Hut in Loveville and the owners will be more than glad to buy me some, let's not forget that installation.:yay:

John Z

if you will
aps45819 said:
You needed somebody to install a wiper? :loser:

Doesn't sound like the wiper, but the arm that attaches to the car. Dunno, never replaced one of those; might be pretty easy. But I think I'd let the stealership do it if I had the option.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
John Z said:
Doesn't sound like the wiper, but the arm that attaches to the car. Dunno, never replaced one of those; might be pretty easy. But I think I'd let the stealership do it if I had the option.
Lift up the plastic cover and it's one nut holding it on. Tough fix.

Sounds like you had a problem with the wash experience due to equipment malfunction, and the business owners stepped up and made it right. Sounds like a good company to do business with.

josmom

aps45819 said:
You needed somebody to install a wiper? :loser:
It is not that he needed help replacing the wiper. It was the wiper arm and motor that he needed them to work on. He is smart enough to fix the wiper himself! :frown:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
josmom said:
It is not that he needed help replacing the wiper. It was the wiper arm and motor that he needed them to work on. He is smart enough to fix the wiper himself! :frown:
Don't mind Aps. He lost a wiper last time he took his motorcycle through the car wash and he's still bitter.

jbeaverjr

jojosdad said:
Ok folks, I am not trying to make a bad name for a local company or saying that they did not take care of the problem, but just so you don't have the same problem(i.e. just be careful).

I took my truck into the new car wash in Loveville, I believe the wash hut, and the first time through was great. It really cleaned the car.....alot of high power water, making sure it got all the dirt and grime off of the truck.
The second time through the wash, the overhead wash(that covers the hood roof and bed) one of the fabric pieces got caught in my windshield wiper. It pulled at the wiper until it finally tore off a piece of the fabric. When the fabric finally tore off, it moved the whole truck.
Well, in the long run, it bent the wiper arm. I let the owners of the wash know, and they were very helpful in getting the problem fixed. Cut me a check for the amount of the part plus installation of the part.

Where is this car wash located at in Loveville?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I'm gonna go out and try the ArmorAll PowerWash Gel and Wax-it-Dry Gel B picked up for me, coupled with the pressure washer we picked up a few weeks ago. I'll report the results when I'm through with pictures. :biggrin:

I could sooo kick my own ass for not getting a pressure washer years ago. I hit the car wash almost weekly so it's about paid itself off now with both cars and the boat, the house, lawn furniture, etc. :yay: :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
crabcake said:
I'm gonna go out and try the ArmorAll PowerWash Gel and Wax-it-Dry Gel B picked up for me, coupled with the pressure washer we picked up a few weeks ago. I'll report the results when I'm through with pictures. :biggrin:

I could sooo kick my own ass for not getting a pressure washer years ago. I hit the car wash almost weekly so it's about paid itself off now with both cars and the boat, the house, lawn furniture, etc. :yay: :yay:
Ehhh, I wouldn't recommend the Wax-it-Dry Gel ... I didn't even use as much as was recommended, and it streaked a bit. I went back over the ride with a dampened cloth and got some of 'em out, but I'm not impressed. The PowerWash Gel, however, was pretty good. You don't need a bucket to wash the car using this stuff ... just squirt it right on the car or cloth after wetting the car down and go. :yay:

J

jojosdad

jbeaverjr said:
Where is this car wash located at in Loveville?

Sorry all, the carwash is not located in loveville, but is located in callaway....right next to the A&W