I'm so excited!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wrote a fan letter to John Sandford (actually his son, who does his website and answers all his fan mail) AND HE WROTE ME BACK!!!

:dance: :banana: :getdown:

Listen to this:

me said:
I love your Dad's books and your website is much more entertaining than most author sites.
Thanks for the compliment, although it doesn't balance out the message I got earlier today:

some butthead said:
I post on several message boards and have never seen such poor work done by a webmaster before... You should find someone who is capable of handling it properly.
... but that's just because those sorts of emails gradually erode my self-esteem and I get so MANY of them that I'm amazed that I can function at all. Grr.

me said:
Tell your Dad to kill off Weather.
About half the readers want the next book to be a Lucas/Weather luvfest, with chapter after irritating chapter showing just how loving, tender, devoted, and all that they are. And the other half of the readers want her to get hit by a train. I'm more in the latter category, as the former makes for absolutely TERRIBLE drama. That said, I've got basically no say in it. My mom, my sister, and I all dislike Weather immensely, but my dad realizes that if he kills her off, he may alienate a good portion of his audience. So his bad-but- maybe-best solution is to just keep her off to the side as much as possible.

If you've got any other questions or comments, don't hesitate to write!

Webmaster Ros.

www.johnsandford.org

-------------------------

Hee hee! :dancesaroundlikeadork:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sharon said:
I thought they were seperated. :confused:
In this recent book she took the kid and Letty and went to England for some training or something. Sandford had her put some clues together for Davenport's case so she wouldn't be completely useless.

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
I wrote a fan letter to John Sandford (actually his son, who does About half the readers want the next book to be a Lucas/Weather luvfest, with chapter after irritating chapter showing just how loving, tender, devoted, and all that they are. And the other half of the readers want her to get hit by a train. I'm more in the latter category, as the former makes for absolutely TERRIBLE drama. That said, I've got basically no say in it. My mom, my sister, and I all dislike Weather immensely, but my dad realizes that if he kills her off, he may alienate a good portion of his audience. So his bad-but- maybe-best solution is to just keep her off to the side as much as possible. QUOTE]

I can relate to Weather. :ohwell:

D

dems4me

404 said:
Must every thread contain some whinefest about how persecuted you are?

:biteme: The answer to your question is no. I just said I can relate to her :rolleyes: which contributed slightly more to the topic at hand than YOUR barbed, instigating, whinefest of a post.

Last edited by a moderator:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Doesn't she suck? I liked the reporter and I like the NYC cop - kill off Weather and have one of them console him. :yay:
She totally sucks. IMO, he's settling. I love the reporter! :yay:

R

rdonthehd

Vrai,
very cool! I wrote to Dave Barry once. He sent me a postcard that said "thanks... Dave" on it. I still have it in my photo album.