How Old were you when you found out?

jeneisen

Indy Bound
This is the first year my 9 year old neice found out about Santa. I can remember when I was 8 I found out and I was so devestated. I cried for days. Christmas has never been the same. I had a friend tell me and I asked my mom one day and she told me the truth. I can still remember that day. What I want to know is how old were you when you found out and how did you figure it out? Was it the wrapping paper, a friend, etc?

J

justhangn

I was around 8 or 9. It didn't seem like a big deal as long as the toys kept coming, who cares who brings them. :really:

I went into my parents closet in their bedroom and found the toys, some wrapped and some not.

My daughter is 8 and she is putting it together, mostly because her mother is very obvious about "DO NOT GO IN THAT CLOSET UNTIL AFTER CHRISTMAS". :duh:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Yeah my fiancee found out at 5 I think. They used the same wrapping paper. How lazy is that? Make at least a little bit of effort.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I think I was around 8 or 9 too, and I remember it like it was yesterday. My friend Daniel lived up the road, and his father worked with my mother. We went over on Christmas for a brunch with them and I brought along a couple toys and the note Santa left for me. Daniel had a note too, and we compared them and questioned the handwriting, etc... We marched right out to the living room where the adults were and confronted them. We caught them off guard and since they didn't have a good, quick excuse, they sort of gave themselves away. I wasn't devastated or anything, though, just sort of surprised. My Mom and Dad continued to leave 'Santa' gifts on Christmas morning, though, until I moved out of the house. So the Christmas morning surprises remained, and I was always cool with that.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by justhangn
as long as the toys kept coming, who cares who brings them. :really:
:lol: Exactly!

I was in elementary school when I realized that Santa had the exact same handwriting as my mom. :wink:

blueeyes76

I think I was 7 or 8. My big brother blew it for me! He told me to stay up as late as I could on Christmas Eve and eventually our parents would come and close my bedroom door. So I stayed up, and they did!! I heard them walk up and down the hall several times. When I confronted them in the morning they just smiled and refused to answer me.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I was 5. My older brother ruined it for me. He told me there was no such thing as Santa. When I didn't believe him he took me into my mom's closet and showed me the presents that Santa was going to bring me. Sure enough Santa brought me those presents. It didn't ruin anything though. From then on out it was our goal to sneak into my mom's closet to find out what we were getting. Just as much excitement! :biggrin:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I have always thought you should let your kids find out as late as possible. I work with a woman who says she doesn't let her kids belive in Santa. Her reasoning is that she doesn't want to lie to her kids and give them false hope, plus she doesn't want to give credit to him for all she had done. :bawl: I'm sorry but I just that that is BS. Kids don't care how much you spend. Its about giving and the fantasy. Am I the only one who thinks her kids are missing out on something?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
To each his own, I say. It's not that BIG a deal really.
Its about giving and the fantasy
Maybe she doesn't see it that way. Maybe they celebrate the birth of Christ.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by jeneisen
I have always thought you should let your kids find out as late as possible. I work with a woman who says she doesn't let her kids belive in Santa. Her reasoning is that she doesn't want to lie to her kids and give them false hope, plus she doesn't want to give credit to him for all she had done. :bawl: I'm sorry but I just that that is BS. Kids don't care how much you spend. Its about giving and the fantasy. Am I the only one who thinks her kids are missing out on something?

It sounds like she has some major issues, worrying about a fictitious person taking her credit. :duh:

You’re only a child for a very short time, live it up while you can.

smilie_weihnfenster2.gif

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Am I the only one who thinks her kids are missing out on something?
I'm with you. It makes me so happy to see my daughter get SO excited about Santa. It gives me warm fuzzies. :blushing:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I understand the religious aspect of Christmas but to be honest, when I was 5 I didn't care if Christ was born or not, all I knew was I got presents. I later learned why I got presents and appreciated all the aspects of Christmas. I will tell you I know her kids personally and they are very ungrateful little kids. I just wonder if this is one reason why.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
What do you mean there's no Santa? :eek: :bawl: Who takes all those cookies I leave out? :twitch:
Housebreaker with a sweet-tooth?

I was 7. Kids at school told me that there was "No Santa Claus" so, on Christmas Eve, I waited and slipped out to the living room and squeezed behind the couch to find out for myself.

Sure enough late in the night the parents came out of their room with wrapped presents and put them under the tree.

After that I wouldn't believe anything they said. Of course it also saved me from their left-wing propaganda! :lol:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I will tell you I know her kids personally and they are very ungrateful little kids. I just wonder if this is one reason why.
Are they spoiled rotten brats? Maybe that's the reason she wants them to know what she has done for them.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Kyle
After that I wouldn't believe anything they said. Of course it also saved me from their left-wing propaganda! :lol:

:lmao: Wise words to live by.........I still can't believe they voted for CARTER! :barf:

SxyPrincess

This sounds JUST like TT. She made the exact same statement once before. :bubble:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wait a minute...

My mom said that a big bird brought presents and that the guy in the red suit who seemed to show up all the time before she had my brother and other sister was Jesus. I could always her from the next room calling him "O, my God! Oh, my God!"

Hmm...So, mom's rabbit dying has nothing to do with...