3 new Buell models, check out the Dual Sport!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pete said:
A 1200 CC dirtbike :yikes:
BMW's being making one for years.. 1150 and 1200GS... There's the 1200 GS, and the 1200 GS Adventure.. Probably be what I trade my bike in for.. someday..
base_aluminum.gif

Ponytail

Pete said:
A 1200 CC dirtbike :yikes:

No, it's not a dirt bike. It's a Dual Sport bike. It's for both street, and the unfinshed, un-improved roads that you'd see in a cross country adventure tour that is becoming more and more popular now.

Previously, the BMW GS models were relatively unchallenged, and quite popular, until now.

They've taken the chassis from my bike, given it more ground clearance, higher bars, 2 inch longer swingarm, tires and some plastic and now you have that beast. I just wish it came in some other color than black or yellow. I could always have it painted though. :cool:

Like I said before, i can't wait to take it for a test ride.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ponytail said:
No, it's not a dirt bike. It's a Dual Sport bike. It's for both street, and the unfinshed, un-improved roads that you'd see in a cross country adventure tour that is becoming more and more popular now.

Previously, the BMW GS models were relatively unchallenged, and quite popular, until now.

They've taken the chassis from my bike, given it more ground clearance, higher bars, 2 inch longer swingarm, tires and some plastic and now you have that beast. I just wish it came in some other color than black or yellow. I could always have it painted though. :cool:

I'll believe it when I see it.. BUELL on the winners podium for Drakkar, or any race they come up against the Beemer.. I think BMW still has the lock on that class.. even though every bike manufacturer out there is now gunning for them.. Well except Harley, they're still stuck back in the 40's... competing with Indian..

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:

I rode 395 miles on mine yesterday :dead: I wont be getting on it for a couple days.

I stopped up at Mikes Famous yesterday and I have to say again those people are nuts.

2003 FLHRCI, only extras were a Stage 1 breather kit and V&H slip on mufflers was $23,499 :otter:

Stock everything, seat, grips, levers, forks, no bag guards, backrest, stock 2 tone paint, stock 88B for $7,164 more than blue book average retail. :yikes:

Ponytail

Pete said:
I rode 395 miles on mine yesterday :dead: I wont be getting on it for a couple days.

I stopped up at Mikes Famous yesterday and I have to say again those people are nuts.

2003 FLHRCI, only extras were a Stage 1 breather kit and V&H slip on mufflers was $23,499 :otter:

Stock everything, seat, grips, levers, forks, no bag guards, backrest, stock 2 tone paint, stock 88B for $7,164 more than blue book average retail. :yikes:

Dude, you were 25 minutes from my house in Philly. I didn't know you were riding all the way up there? There's other shops up that way worth going to other than Mikes.

Oh yea, Pete, get used to it. Blue book does NOT apply to Harleys. Please do not sell your bike for blue book value. Look up the Blue Book value on a '98 FXSTS with 8,000 miles. Don't bother asking me if I'd sell it at that price.

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:
Dude, you were 25 minutes from my house in Philly. I didn't know you were riding all the way up there? There's other shops up that way worth going to other than Mikes.

Oh yea, Pete, get used to it. Blue book does NOT apply to Harleys. Please do not sell your bike for blue book value. Look up the Blue Book value on a '98 FXSTS with 8,000 miles. Don't bother asking me if I'd sell it at that price.

I know I stopped in and saw your mom :lmao: She said to tell you :howdy:

True but book on mine was $16,600 and I paid $17,000 and the dude I refered to them got the same deal. The resale value is good but not $7K good. An out the door 2005 FLHRCI at AA or Waugh is around $19,800. those guys are goobers to think a 2003 FLHRCI will "appreciate" $3,500 in 3 years.

I wasn't looking at bikes, I wanted to try out a sundowner seat on their bench. I am not going to plop $325 for a seat I can't sit on first to get at least a little idea how it is going to feel. Of course they didn't have one.

I went to see boy, left at 7AM rode to Wilmington, had lunch, went swimming for a couple hourse, rode up to Mikes then back. Got home around 8:30 or so. It was a good ride, the backrest made a big difference but if you sit on anything for 8 hours it is bound to make your ass go numb.

When I was at Mikes I saw this HUGE BMW a 1200LT or something like that. It was a dresser of sorts, sat really high, looked a little like a moon mobile :lol:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pete said:
When I was at Mikes I saw this HUGE BMW a 1200LT or something like that. It was a dresser of sorts, sat really high, looked a little like a moon mobile :lol:

You should go to Bobs and take one of those Moon Mobile's on a ride.. no smoother or better riding bike made. Did 800 miles on my Beemer on THursday, mostly by accident.. other then a sore throttle hand (no cruise) I was good to go.. Tired.. little wet.. but was overall impressed with the ride.

dustin

UAIOE
I'd be afraid to go over logs and such with the muffler hangin down there....cause I know I would want to... Where's the skidplate????

And I'm still waiting for them to put the V-rod motor in these bikes...

Ponytail

dustin said:
I'd be afraid to go over logs and such with the muffler hangin down there....cause I know I would want to... Where's the skidplate????

And I'm still waiting for them to put the V-rod motor in these bikes...

The muffler is structural. It supports the bike when you jack it up. It'll be fine sliding it over a log, even though that's a little extreme for what the bikes designed intent is. For sliding it over logs, I'd want a more agressive tire.

Compare this bike to the Ducati Multistrada to get a better idea of what it's for.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
itsbob said:
.. other then a sore throttle hand (no cruise) I was good to go...
Try one of these. I allows you to use your palm to keep the throttle open and you can relax your grip.
Have one, works good if I remember to put it on before I leave. :lol:

What about Bob

Lay off da crack pipe

Don't inhale :lalala: wasssssssupppp . I finally got online again, got your call last night (ebay junkie) call waiting dumped ya.. WHEN ARE WE RIDING??? 4800 miles on the chopper!! got new toy, 16" southbend 8 foot, quick change, tooling, DRO on the way!! oh, hello everybody else... :smoochy: