My Poor Doggy

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think she has an absessed (sp?) tooth. Started Saturday about the size of a grape, and now about the size of an egg. I take her to the vet at 11 this morning. She looks so sad. Wish us luck.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks sharon. Not sure if they will just try antibiotics or if they will have to keep her and put her under to fix it. I have not fed her or given any aspirin this morning, just in case of the latter. Poor baby, and right before Christmas too.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Oh no! That's horrible news. I certainly hope they're able to fix her right up, the poor thing! Update us later on how it went...and, SMOOCHES TO YOUR POOCH! :biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks Lauren. I keep picturing the Bumble after all his teeth were pulled out and hope that won't be her! :lol:

P.S. I sent off your check for Peter Pan...

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by RoseRed
Thanks Lauren. I keep picturing the Bumble after all his teeth were pulled out and hope that won't be her! :lol:

P.S. I sent off your check for Peter Pan...

Hope all goes well for your baby.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks everyone.

She is at the vet and is being put under so they can check it out completely. If the big back tooth (with 3 roots) is cracked, they will have to pull it. If it is just an absess (sp?), they may be able to drain it.

Anywho, I have to go pick her up abut 6:30 tonight.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
AAwwww, poor thing!! She'll probably be all drugged up when you go to get her - but I sure hope she feels better!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Vet Just Called

and said that she is doing well. She is still under, but they cleaned all of her other teeth and when they started with the infected one it got pretty nasty, so they did have to pull it. They have her doped up and she will come home with antibiotics.

I might have to go find some of that doggie ice cream. I heard that it is at Giant. Any ideas?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I used to get it at Super Fresh, it was called Frosty Paws. Not sure who carries it now, though - you could probably call and ask them. Glad the pooch is mending!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Yep - it is called Frosty Paws - I've seen it at McKay's and Giant. Dogs love it!

I used to take my dogs to Dairy Queen when we went on trips to the Eastern Shore - they'd fight over the soft-serve so we had to get separate cups for each of the three of them. I'd love the look on the counterperson's face when we ordered three small plain vanilla cups of soft-serve and told them to keep the spoons!