Shameless Self-Promotion

aalgar

Hi everyone,

I'll try to keep this short.  I'm a local (lived here 20 of my 27 years; mostly-proud GMHS graduate) author who has recently published two books.  My publisher is a small one and, as such, does not provide the means to publicize me.  So I suppose I'm on my own.

The first book is a novel entitled "Fish Stories," and if the names Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, "Red Dwarf" or "Monty Python" mean anything to you (or even if you just like smoothed-out sci-fi/comedy on the autobiographical tip), you might consider giving it a look.

The second is the more broad and accessible of the two: a collection of short essays of the "humor" variety.  Think Dave Barry if Dave Barry grew up around here and watched a lot of bad TV in the 80s.  It's called The Sarcastic Verses, but I assure you there's no poetry of any kind contained within.

I'm working on the local bookstores (Bowes and Bay) to carry these books on their "local authors" shelves.  Beyond that... well, let's just say I haven't quit my day job just yet.

If you want more information about me, the books or anything else (especially if you have any suggestions as to how I might pursue publicity), feel free to contact me.

Thank you for your time. :)

joedancer

bookman
your books and my bookstore

Hi Ron,
I own Fenwick Street Used Books and Music in downtown Leonardtown and would be happy to carry your book. Email me at joe@fenwickbooks and we can talk!
Thanks,
Joe

lucaswebco

There is a website called iUniverse. They are book publishers for the regular people. They will publish and promote your book on a national scale. And best of all they are reasonable.