Mamma Leones Brick Oven Pizza

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
Does anyone know when this place is opening? It is going to be located in the Calloway Shopping Center.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
happyazz said:
Does anyone know when this place is opening? It is going to be located in the Calloway Shopping Center.
So is Mama Leone the wife who was running Leone's Italian Cuisine in Wildewood with her husband when he got shut down, lost his business, and went to jail for sexual assault of his employees?

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
sleuth said:
So is Mama Leone the wife who was running Leone's Italian Cuisine in Wildewood with her husband when he got shut down, lost his business, and went to jail for sexual assault of his employees?

I never heard anything about that.

R

remaxrealtor

happyazz said:
I never heard anything about that.

We took over his spot in Wildewood, and I can vouch for this info. The police actually hancuffed him in the shop and took him to jail!

PrepH4U

remaxrealtor said:
We took over his spot in Wildewood, and I can vouch for this info. The police actually hancuffed him in the shop and took him to jail!
Oh my and St. Marys Today didn't have anything about it I am disappointed!
But do you know if Mama is the guys wife? Oh I was so waiting for a pizza place close to home. Getting burnt out on BBQ and chinese! :lol:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
PrepH4U said:
Oh my and St. Marys Today didn't have anything about it I am disappointed!

Speaking of St. Mary's Today, guess how Ken Rossignol is spending his windfall of St. Mary's County taxpayers insurance settlement from the great Newspaper Caper?? You guessed it! Opening a pizza place in Callaway named Mama Leone's... Same Ken Rossignol who formerly ran Bambino's in Lexington Park. From my memories of Bambino's when I was a kid and that place was in its prime, he should serve good pizza!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Oz said:
From my memories of Bambino's when I was a kid and that place was in its prime, he should serve good pizza!
:yeahthat: I loved Bambino's and was so sad when it closed. I grew up on their pizza. :yum:

PrepH4U

Oz said:
Speaking of St. Mary's Today, guess how Ken Rossignol is spending his windfall of St. Mary's County taxpayers insurance settlement from the great Newspaper Caper?? You guessed it! Opening a pizza place in Callaway named Mama Leone's... Same Ken Rossignol who formerly ran Bambino's in Lexington Park. From my memories of Bambino's when I was a kid and that place was in its prime, he should serve good pizza!
You are not kidding I hope... oh I still have cravings for thier steak & cheese sub they used to serve! Oh oh now I am getting excited if it really will have the old Bambino touch!

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
remaxrealtor said:

You work at Rick's Cheesesteak Factory? :confused: I thought you were a realtor.

Angel

~*~*~
I am bumping this up on purpose. I have never had better pizza, then pizza baked in a brick oven. Does anybody know what the latest scoop is on this place? The man and I have been waiting anxiously for it's grand opening.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Angel said:
I am bumping this up on purpose. I have never had better pizza, then pizza baked in a brick oven. Does anybody know what the latest scoop is on this place? The man and I have been waiting anxiously for it's grand opening.

Don't be too anxious. There appears to be ZERO progress. Construction dirt still in the floor of a strip mall storefront. :ohwell:

Angel

~*~*~
Oz said:
Don't be too anxious. There appears to be ZERO progress. Construction dirt still in the floor of a strip mall storefront. :ohwell:
:sad: Do you know of any pizza places in the area that bake them in a good ole fashioned brick oven?

LooseTooth

open loop stable
I was talking to a guy who runs a place on Great Mills RD by Canopy Liquors (Leo's??).

Dude is from NY and claims this is legit NY pizza and I think he said he had a 'brick oven'. A coworker mentioned the place and said that it was good.

I happen to be a pizza aficionado so perhaps I will try it out sometime this week and report back.

PrepH4U

I hope it opens up soon and I will be glad when it opens! Regardless of who owns it! Does anyone have any updates?

PrepH4U

SMinsider said:
Even if he did run a good pizza place 20 years ago, I don't know why anyone would want to sponsor a pizza shop owned by Ken Rossignol, unless you like backhandely supporting St. Mary's Today, and making him richer than he already is off of other people's misery.
:howdy: JPC!