Rocky Mount, VA

CMC122

Go Braves!
I'd like to hear what ya'll got on the area. All input good, bad and stupid:yay:

What's traffic like? What are the "nicer" area's? What's the best way to get there? Anyone know anything about the schools around there? Is it a friendly community? Is there any decent shopping there too?

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
CMC122 said:
I'd like to hear what ya'll got on the area. All input good, bad and stupid:yay:

What's traffic like? What are the "nicer" area's? What's the best way to get there? Anyone know anything about the schools around there? Is it a friendly community?
Don't even THINK about moving!!!!

We haven't yet begun to have fun!!!!

BG says if you follow me home I can keep you!!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
And Rocky Mount sucks.. NONE of the kids graduate.. the girls that can stay out of jail long enough are pregnant before the 7th grade.. the rest turn lesbo (of course).. the boys are all gangsters.. drugs are rampant, the teachers sell the drugs..

Oh wiat, did you say Rocky Mount or DC?

CMC122

Go Braves!
itsbob said:
Don't even THINK about moving!!!!

We haven't yet begun to have fun!!!!

BG says if you follow me home I can keep you!!!
Well that changes everything:smoochy:

I'm just investigating! Not moving:yay:The Smith Mountain Lake area looks very nice!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
CMC122 said:

What's traffic like? What are the "nicer" area's? What's the best way to get there? Anyone know anything about the schools around there? Is it a friendly community? Is there any decent shopping there too?
Someone moving? :tap: I've been out near there and it is a nice area. Don't know about traffic, nicer areas, schools or the community, but to get there try mapping it out on Rand McNally.

BuddyLee

Football addict
itsbob said:
And Rocky Mount sucks.. NONE of the kids graduate.. the girls that can stay out of jail long enough are pregnant before the 7th grade.. the rest turn lesbo (of course).. the boys are all gangsters.. drugs are rampant, the teachers sell the drugs..
Wow, that sounds just right for ole C.:smile:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Ken King said:
Someone moving? :tap: I've been out near there and it is a nice area. Don't know about traffic, nicer areas, schools or the community, but to get there try mapping it out on Rand McNally.
Thanks!
I've mapped it a few times and I was just wondering if it really took that long to get there:lol:

Not moving but thinking for further down the road. Real estate is incredibly cheap there!

SmallTown

Football season!
CMC122 said:
Well that changes everything:smoochy:

I'm just investigating! Not moving:yay:The Smith Mountain Lake area looks very nice!
Parts of the lake are very nice, parts are major redneckville (which, coming from somd, might not seem so bad). Any places in particular that you are looking at?

SmallTown

Football season!
CMC122 said:
Real estate is incredibly cheap there!
For a reason...

Unless you are looking at waterfront, but there the prices have skyrocketed the past 5 years or so. But you can still find a house on the water there for not much more than you would pay for a nice home in somd. But you are in the middle of nowhere.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
CMC122 said:
Thanks!
I've mapped it a few times and I was just wondering if it really took that long to get there:lol:

Not moving but thinking for further down the road. Real estate is incredibly cheap there!
I think that they clock it on the long side. Probably closer to 5 and a half then 6 and a half hours. Unless on a back road and you get behind a horse-trailer or camper, then who knows how long it could take.

BuddyLee

Football addict
CMC122 said:
Who are you calling "ole" kiddo:tap:
Who you callin' kiddo, ole moley?:lol:

I know what you're trying to hide in them cookies of yours. Thinking about moving your operations, eh? My gang and I are on your tail, don't even think about it or the cable man get's it.

CMC122

Go Braves!
SmallTown said:
Parts of the lake are very nice, parts are major redneckville (which, coming from somd, might not seem so bad). Any places in particular that you are looking at?
Franklin county is one place I've done a little research. Having never ever been there I really don't know which area's are the best to look into:shrug:

CMC122

Go Braves!
I'm not moving! :lol:

I'm just love to check out different area's for possible way down the road future moves:dance:

Hey buddy, I made some M&M cookies yesterday:really: Meet me on top of the bridge in 20 minutes!

BuddyLee

Football addict
CMC122 said:
I'm not moving! :lol:

I'm just love to check out different area's for possible way down the road future moves:dance:
That's what they all say and then blam you're relocated faster than a Hollywoodfred.

CMC122 said:
Hey buddy, I made some M&M cookies yesterday:really: Meet me on top of the bridge in 20 minutes.
Make sure you eat all the green ones beforehand.:whip:

CMC122

Go Braves!
SmallTown said:
For a reason...

Unless you are looking at waterfront, but there the prices have skyrocketed the past 5 years or so. But you can still find a house on the water there for not much more than you would pay for a nice home in somd. But you are in the middle of nowhere.
That's what I figured. I don't mind being far away from people and places so that's not a bad thing in my book.

Huge difference in price and what you get from here and there! I found my dream house on 5 acres with a seperate 4 car garage for $250k:yay:

CMC122

Go Braves!
BuddyLee said:
That's what they all say and then blam you're relocated faster than a Hollywoodfred.

Make sure you eat all the green ones beforehand.:whip:
I feel the love:greenM&M's: :diva:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
CMC122 said:
Thanks!

Check out Oil City, Franklin, Titusville PA... CHEAP!!!

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
CMC122 said:
Franklin county is one place I've done a little research. Having never ever been there I really don't know which area's are the best to look into:shrug:
The race track in Franklin County is like no other! There's a wrestling ring set up at one end and the local kids go at it unsupervised - WWE style - while the races are going on. :lol: