Offensive...

Share your pain

• #1 (with a bullet) C*wb*ys (pahtooey!)

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Virgin (Virgin Cola I find upsetting)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Win 98

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Dan Rather/60 Minutes

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • The odd names of European soccer clubs

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Yankees

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Willy Wonka

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • KKK

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • NOW

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • NAACP

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...it's time for NFL training camp which means it's time for the annual "Purge the Name 'Redskins" drive.

As we are told, there are people who are living lives of pain and intolerance that they simply shouldn't have to suffer in this enlightened day and age.

So, in the public interest, what do you find offensive? What's raining on your parade? What else do we need to purge in order to be a more perfect union?

Add your own! Now, don't be silly. We want corporate words, not names or insults that the common man flitters about with no fiscal gain. The 'word' must be attached to some entity that can be boycotted, pointed out or otherwise identified as being the perpetrator of ill gotten gain.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm offended by Wite-Out. It's obviously an attack on my ethnicity - White Out? Out of where? The US? Or the whole world?

Who makes that stuff, anyway - the NAACP?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's a good one!

vraiblonde said:
I'm offended by Wite-Out. It's obviously an attack on my ethnicity - White Out? Out of where? The US? Or the whole world?

Who makes that stuff, anyway - the NAACP?

What's up with that? What Monkey came up with that obvious slur!?

:softball:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
I find the Cracker section in the grocery store offensive. Why we be the only onz eatin Ritz?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hello6 said:
I find the Cracker section in the grocery store offensive. Why we be the only onz eatin Ritz?
That's pretty offensive. "Townhouse crackers" - what are they trying to say???

Hello6

Princess of Mean
I was axed a question by someone with less than stellar vocabulary skills, and responded to him in the same fashion:

Sailor: Where do Watson be?

Me: I am unaware of where Watson be.

Sailor: Do you know where he go?

Me: No, I am unaware of where he go, I am not his secretary and the lojack is not installed on him as of yet.

Sailor: Leaves in a huff.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
vraiblonde said:
I'm offended by Wite-Out.
Hmm, that's ironic... considering Wite-Out is used to cover up colored (namely black) print.

I am offended by the USC Trojans. You would think that people in So. CA would be subliminally led to having more protected sex than other areas... but the f'ing idiots still continue breeding!!

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Hello6 said:
I was axed a question by someone with less than stellar vocabulary skills, and responded to him in the same fashion:
I witnessed a similar interaction the other day at work:

Girl: (Having trouble with something...) I ain't gettin' it!

Guy: Ya ain't gettin' it, huh? (sarcastically)

Girl: Shut the f*** up! I know what I said... I ain't no f'in illiterate!

Yes, it's true

Hello6

Princess of Mean
The saddest part was the dude I was mocking NEVER had a clue I was mocking him. I clearly over whitey ed it too. He was just annoyed I didn't keep track of people who have a desk in my space.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Here's an item from a few years ago about the Redskins name:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/w...ode=&contentId=A40891-2002Jan25&notFound=true

Interestingly, most of the people who sizzle with outrage over Indian team names and mascots are not Indians. American Indians can be found vigorously arguing on both sides. Academics are split, too: Anthropologists call team names and mascots humiliating, while linguists say "redskin" describes "stalwart attributes." Even dictionaries disagree (the Oxford English says "redskin" is "generally benign," while Webster's says it is "usually offensive").

What about "HUMMER"? Who wants to drive around in a vehicle named after oral sex (other than Bill Clinton)? What, does the salesperson orally gratify you when you buy one?:confused:

Hear about the NCAA (I believe) ruling last week? No teams with anything to do with "Native Americans" in any fashion in official or unofficial symbology can participate in post-season play. That means everything from names to mascots to uniforms to cheers ANYTHING. So much for Florida State.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
huntr1 said:
Hear about the NCAA (I believe) ruling last week? No teams with anything to do with "Native Americans" in any fashion in official or unofficial symbology can participate in post-season play. That means everything from names to mascots to uniforms to cheers ANYTHING. So much for Florida State.
"Colleges and universities may adopt any mascot that they wish, as that is an institutional matter," said Walter Harrison, chair of the Executive Committee and president at the University of Hartford. "But as a national association, we believe that mascots, nicknames or images deemed hostile or abusive in terms of race, ethnicity or national origin should not be visible at the championship events that we control."
I guess this could spell doom for the "Fighting Irish" as well. How about "Fear the Turtle", seems a bit hostile to me. :sarcasm:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why do these infantile ranters get any attention at all? Maybe if we ignore them, they'll go away.

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
Why do these infantile ranters get any attention at all? Maybe if we ignore them, they'll go away.

I'd rather change all the names of the indians ...then to have anyone mess with my redskins - Dan Synder was enough of a pain to get used to... :lol:

I remember two years ago a commuter that travelled to DC and back from Southern Maryland wanted to change the name of the town Indian Head... which I think was named because indians were there and its populus was a head of indians, etc...lots of indians or something like that. Anyway the point to the story was he only traveled THROUGH Indian Head, didn't even live there nor was he Indian but took offense to it and last I heard he was bringing the issue up before the commissioners or something :crazy: I say -get a life! There's soo many other more constructive and favorable things him and others can be asserting their zeal and time towards.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
I'd rather change all the names of the indians ...then to have anyone mess with my redskins - Dan Synder was enough of a pain to get used to... :lol:

Dems, that is, by far, the funniest thing - to me - that you've posted!!!!

:lmao: :yay: