PEARL HARBOR

SxyPrincess

Did anyone see Pearl Harbor???  I saw it about a week ago, and LOVED it!  Who wouldn't like the movie--Ben Affleck is in it... :yum:

Anyhow, be sure to see it if you haven't!  

Christy

b*tch rocket
I'm still up in the air about seeing it.  I swore I wouldn't pay money to see it after they changed the ending for the release in Japan so as not to offend the Japanese audience.  I have nothing against the Japanese, it's just that I felt that it was somewhat disrespectful to all those guys who died. That the Hollywood elitists cared more about more about cashing in on a few more bucks by catering to the Japanese audience.  And no, it doesn't surprise me that this was their approach, it just bugs me and the best form of protest is to not give them any of my money.  

I've been to Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial about 20 times.  You'd think that after so many times the emotional impact would wane, but it never did.  I came across the live coverage on the History channel Dec. 7 while they were laying the wreaths at the memorial and bawled my eyes out.

Don't you just love it when I bring down a happy mood! :)

I will see it if someone else buys it and loans it to me.  I'm very glad they put Ben Affleck in the movie instead of Matt Damon, if it was Matt Damon, I'd have had to go against it all and buy the stupid thing!

SxyPrincess

Christy, you have your opinion...but I'm very sorry you feel that way about the movie.  I rented it on DVD...it had a documentary at the end.  It was very emotional and very informative.

As far as the change in ending...I never heard anything about that so I can't comment.

The beginning, middle, end & everything in between deserves a :clap:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Sxy, I'm sure I'll see the movie.  Can't imagine missing out on watching Ben Affleck.  Just won't be on my dime! :)  Especially since they have a documentary at the end of that tells the real story.  It's not that the movie is disrespectful, just the people who decided it would make more money by changing the ending.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Saw it last night on video - or should I say TRIED to see it.  Could only stick with it about halfway through the first tape.  Terrible story, ridiculous characters - maybe the bombing footage was good but I couldn't hang with it that long.  Thrilled that I didn't pay $8 to see it in the movie house.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Saw it last night on video - or should I say TRIED to see it.  Could only stick with it about halfway through the first tape.  Terrible story, ridiculous characters - maybe the bombing footage was good but I couldn't hang with it that long.  Thrilled that I didn't pay $8 to see it in the movie house.
I saved myself the trouble when I read Ben Afffff-lack was in it. :boo: :boo:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Besides... I've had a rough Monday, a stiff drink and I need to vent.

:harrumpf:

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
I thought Pearl Harbor was underrated. It has its flaws... the love story's corny (they reached for Titanic... and fell short) and it's overlong. But it also has quality elements... the action and special effects are incredible and so is the production design. And, to be honest, I didn't mind Ben Affleck's performance. He's underrated in general. He's made career missteps (Gigli, Surviving Christmas), but has also delivered great performances (Bounce, Dogma, Good Will Hunting, Hollywoodland, Jersey Girl).

I also enjoyed Josh Hartnett and Alec Baldwin's performances.

So, not a great movie, but not as awful as many would lead you to believe.