Being Single During Holidays

Lori

What are some suggestions to get through the holidays when feeling lonely besides joining forums or chat rooms? Everyone I know is either married w/ children or in relationships.

yakky doodle

volunteer for a charity (i.e., a soup kitchen, reading books to children, etc.) makes you really appreciate the fact that, while you may be single, you are still better off than some folks are. :ohwell:

another option would be to host a holiday dinner for some of the people on base who cannot get away for the holidays to be with their families. We used to invite the younger airmen from our base via the first sergeant (not sure what the navy equivalent is) and have them over for dinner. usually made some new friends that way, too. :smile:

the key is to remove the focus from yourself to others.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You could either:
  • Hang out with other single friends doing fun grown-up things that the marrieds-with-children can't OR
  • Join me and mine for our full extended-family Christmas Eve. Watch the chaos, hear the deafening noise, see the over-indulgence of already spoiled children. Then run back to the sanctity of your home and thank God you're single!
    [/list=a]

K

Kizzy

Join me and mine for our full extended-family Christmas Eve. Watch the chaos, hear the deafening noise, see the over-indulgence of already spoiled children. Then run back to the sanctity of your home and thank God you're single!

:lol: Isn't that the truth!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The grass is always greener, ya know? It would be nice if all the singles and all the marrieds, all the parents and all the childless, could change places for a week. Then everyone could go back to their regular life and be happy with it.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by Lori
What are some suggestions to get through the holidays when feeling lonely besides joining forums or chat rooms? Everyone I know is either married w/ children or in relationships.

Hi Lori!

I, too...am miserably single, and new to the area.

It's especially tough being in that situation any time, much less during the holidays.
Hang in there, though...you probably stand a good chance of meeting the right person.
I think I may have used up all of my options.

Oh...and by the way...what are you wearing?

BK

Lori

No Luck

Thanks for the encouragement, but I will just work a lot and stay busy. It is sometimes great to be single but actually what good is it to be able to do anything you want and have no one to share anything with..:sad:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Re: No Luck

Thanks for the encouragement, but I will just work a lot and stay busy. It is sometimes great to be single but actually what good is it to be able to do anything you want and have no one to share anything with..:sad:

You have a nice, optimistic outlook...

But you didn't answer my question!
:biggrin:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Re: Answer

I am wearing comfortable sweat pants and a tee shirt. No need to dress to impress.

Thanks...Lori...(sigh)...

I see you like to bowl. Have you been to Lord Calvert lanes.
I live very close to there!

Lori

No, I have never been to Lord Calvert Lanes, sounds kinda formal.
Do you go bowling or just live near there?

bknarw

Attire Monitor
No, I have never been to Lord Calvert Lanes, sounds kinda formal.
Do you go bowling or just live near there?

Formal?
Now I'm REALLY laughing!
:biggrin:

Nah...that's just the name. It's a local redneck bowling alley in Calvert County..named for the highly esteemed Lord Calvert.

I don't bowl worth a flip...but I have a couple of friends who live there, and it's about 5 miles from my shack...

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Re: Answer

Originally posted by bknarw
Thanks...Lori...(sigh)...

I see you like to bowl. Have you been to Lord Calvert lanes.
I live very close to there!

I didn't know you lived over that way BK, that's very close to where we're building our house!

K

Kain99

Here's what your missing Lori....

Fights over what the kids want for Christmas...

Fights over where to spend New Years Eve...

Fights over Tater being a drunk....

Fights over your forum addiction....

So see, single is really not so bad! :biggrin:

Lori

Family Feuds

Wow, it sounds like you must have fights about a lot of things. Are you sure it is not just fighting to see who can win?
I guess being single is better.
Good Luck.