Travel to Europe

CityGrl

Time for a nap
So, if you had the chance to take a European vacation, what countries/cities would you travel to? :confused:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
CityGrl said:
So, if you had the chance to take a European vacation, what countries/cities would you travel to? :confused:
Turn on PBS NOW! They are featuring Bavaria, Germany. :yay: :yay: :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That being said, I have been to Europe twice. First time in 1983 and visited Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France, Italy and England.

Second trip in 1995 to Germany, Switzerland, Austria and a brief stop in France for lunch ~ Italian food. :lol:

I would love to visit Scotland, Ireland, Norway and Denmark. I think Denmark might be my next trip someday and I can get a personal tour from my 1st cousin that lives in Copenhagen.

CityGrl

Time for a nap
I've been to Paris and would love to go back. I can't imagine not visiting London, at least for a little while...

Germany would be nice, but what about Ireland, or Italy?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I've never been, but what would a Eurotrip be without a stop in Greece? That is on the top of my list of places to visit.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I backpacked through Europe for a couple of months a few years ago...and having hit most of the countries there I would certainly recommend basing your itinerary on how long you have.

If you've got a week, don't try and hit five countries, because you'll miss 99.9% of what there is to see in every one. If you have a month, you can do a little more.

With short period trips I would recommend picking a region and sticking to it. For example, if you're dead set on London, try just fitting in the British Isles, Belgium, a little bit of Northern France and perhaps some of Western Germany.

If you wanted you could dedicate an entire vacation to Italy.

Also, Portugal, Spain, and Southern France is a great combo.

Just think about what you absolutely want to see. Prioritize the list, and choose the region that is right and that will be coverable in the time period you have alotted to travel.

My number one recommendation before you go, though, would be to invest $30 in a "Lonely Planet: Europe" travel book. It will be your Bible.

Happy planning!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
CityGrl said:
I've been to Paris and would love to go back. I can't imagine not visiting London, at least for a little while...

Germany would be nice, but what about Ireland, or Italy?

Paris was beautiful, but I do remember that most French (and a lot of Europeans) either love or hate Americans. :lol:

Sister and I did reform one bartender in Monte Carlo when our Dad left us there alone for 4 days to go to Milan. :roflmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Club'nBabySeals said:
If you've got a week, don't try and hit five countries, because you'll miss 99.9% of what there is to see in every one. If you have a month, you can do a little more.

:yeahthat: x 3

The first time I went we spent 7 weeks. Dad purchased a BMW and we picked it up in Frankfurt, Germany and we did our own driving and he shipped it home when done.

When I went last time it was for a week and we had a rental car.

CityGrl

Time for a nap
We'd probably have a week to ten days.

BF has actually been to Paris on business, but never left the immediate airport area. I went to Paris for a week last year and loved it. It would be great to spend a least a few days there, and then make 1 or 2 smaller trips to other areas close by. Lots to think about, but also lots of time to plan...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
CityGrl said:
We'd probably have a week to ten days.

BF has actually been to Paris on business, but never left the immediate airport area. I went to Paris for a week last year and loved it. It would be great to spend a least a few days there, and then make 1 or 2 smaller trips to other areas close by. Lots to think about, but also lots of time to plan...

Stratford-Upon-Avon in England is charming. I believe that is where Shakespere was born. Take the ferry over to England and see the White Cliff or Dover. :yay: The Swiss/Italian Alps are breathtaking too.

CityGrl

Time for a nap
RoseRed said:
Stratford-Upon-Avon in England is charming. I believe that is where Shakespere was born. Take the ferry over to England and see the White Cliff or Dover. :yay: The Swiss/Italian Alps are breathtaking too.

I would love to see part of Ireland as well. Did you ever go there?

CityGrl

Time for a nap
Great, thanks!!!!

Getting ready to go to Hawaii for the first time in a few weeks. I love traveling!