Searching for a Horse

SerenitStables

Can someone help?!?!

I need to find my fiance a nice horse to do some western pleasure with. Maybe some shows. Nothing fancy, just something quiet that won't kill him. Age, color, size, etc doesn't matter. Looking for something inexpensive, payment plans or free.

Please e-mail me or reply to this if you have something I can use!!

Thanks,
~Jen~

PrepH4U

SerenitStables said:
Can someone help?!?!

I need to find my fiance a nice horse to do some western pleasure with. Maybe some shows. Nothing fancy, just something quiet that won't kill him. Age, color, size, etc doesn't matter. Looking for something inexpensive, payment plans or free.

Please e-mail me or reply to this if you have something I can use!!

Thanks,
~Jen~
hmmmm whats wrong with the horse you are trying to lease out, you said it was kid and hubby safe? :shrug:

SerenitStables

PrepH4U said:
hmmmm whats wrong with the horse you are trying to lease out, you said it was kid and hubby safe? :shrug:

He isn't what my fiance wants. I know it sounds stupid. The other horse belongs to my step brother. Not a great fit with my fiance. They don't get along all that well and he would like to have his "own" horse!! I am just trying to please him!! Haha. My fiance thinks that my brother should step up and ride the horse and do what he has to to keep him, but he doesn't do anything for the horse. We don't want to sell him, but would like to lease him to someone that would suit him. My fiance works on the farm with my step-dad and my step-dad offered to let him keep a horse there for free if he wanted to get one. My fiance jumped to the chance, but as I said wants a horse to call his own. He had one before but we sold him, as he wasn't suitable. It might sound crazy, but I am only doing what he asked me to. I guess I am a sucker.

Techno Kat

Appy, I must ask, is this yet another MPD of yours so that you could advertise your horses without having to pay the advertising fee?

PrepH4U

SerenitStables said:
He isn't what my fiance wants. I know it sounds stupid. The other horse belongs to my step brother. Not a great fit with my fiance. They don't get along all that well and he would like to have his "own" horse!! I am just trying to please him!! Haha. My fiance thinks that my brother should step up and ride the horse and do what he has to to keep him, but he doesn't do anything for the horse. We don't want to sell him, but would like to lease him to someone that would suit him. My fiance works on the farm with my step-dad and my step-dad offered to let him keep a horse there for free if he wanted to get one. My fiance jumped to the chance, but as I said wants a horse to call his own. He had one before but we sold him, as he wasn't suitable. It might sound crazy, but I am only doing what he asked me to. I guess I am a sucker.
He must be very very picky, if all these horses he is going through are not suitable! I guess he wasn't involved with looking and riding the horse before buying it :shrug:

SerenitStables

PrepH4U said:
He must be very very picky, if all these horses he is going through are not suitable! I guess he wasn't involved with looking and riding the horse before buying it :shrug:

I wouldn't say very picky. He just wasn't going to work out. We went and tried him, and he was great when we bought him. He ended up being drugged up when we bought him. He was dead lame after the drugs wore off. It was fun. So, we got rid of him as a companion horse to a wonderful lady in VA. He is a happy cow now!!

We have tried one other horse, but he wasn't going to work out...the lady said he was quiet...I rode him first, as I have more experience in the saddle, and the horse was terrible. So I wouldn't even let my fiance get on him.

We are willing to search around, but I need to know that it's something that isn't going to kill him. Ya know?!

I just wanted to post on here and see if I could find something for him, as I know there are a bunch of people on here. Just thought I'd try.

PrepH4U

SerenitStables said:
I wouldn't say very picky. He just wasn't going to work out. We went and tried him, and he was great when we bought him. He ended up being drugged up when we bought him. He was dead lame after the drugs wore off. It was fun. So, we got rid of him as a companion horse to a wonderful lady in VA. He is a happy cow now!!

We have tried one other horse, but he wasn't going to work out...the lady said he was quiet...I rode him first, as I have more experience in the saddle, and the horse was terrible. So I wouldn't even let my fiance get on him.

We are willing to search around, but I need to know that it's something that isn't going to kill him. Ya know?!

I just wanted to post on here and see if I could find something for him, as I know there are a bunch of people on here. Just thought I'd try.
It's worth a try was just giving you a hard time! I know about bringing home a perfect horse and after drugs wore off she was lame, but couldn't bring myself to part with her as she was so good with grandkids. I wish I could find a perfect situation for her but until then she is stuck with us! Good luck in your search!

SerenitStables

PrepH4U said:
It's worth a try was just giving you a hard time! I know about bringing home a perfect horse and after drugs wore off she was lame, but couldn't bring myself to part with her as she was so good with grandkids. I wish I could find a perfect situation for her but until then she is stuck with us! Good luck in your search!

The biggest problem...he was great...so laid back everything. We loved him and even after he went lame we would have kept him, but didn't have the room or money at that time. I wish though. He was a big black TB. But oh well. Seems like we all hit and miss once in a while.

We shall see what comes out of it. Thanks :)

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
My sister runs a rescue, and they just took in a HUGE (prolly cloe to 17h) 5 y/o black bay standardbred gelding, as quiet and sweet as the day is long. I've been riding him myself (the air WAY up there sure is weird :lol:) let me know if you want to try him out, and i can arrange it. He's on the shore, and will have a low adoption fee.

SerenitStables

happyappygirl said:
My sister runs a rescue, and they just took in a HUGE (prolly cloe to 17h) 5 y/o black bay standardbred gelding, as quiet and sweet as the day is long. I've been riding him myself (the air WAY up there sure is weird :lol:) let me know if you want to try him out, and i can arrange it. He's on the shore, and will have a low adoption fee.

I would be interested in trying him. Let me know.

Thanks,
~Jen~

barncat

SerenitStables said:
Hey!! Thanks!! :smile:

What is going to be the stud fee on your new appy stud? How tall is he?

Thanks,
~Jen~
Hey Jen, how's life treating you, this is April by the way.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
SerenitStables said:
AS the cow-patty turns...

RajaMarie14

RajaMarie14
hey shelley! it's donna! how are you doing?
anyways... i don't know if someone got it but there is a free appaloosa on the oage of messages before where yours is posted! appyday don't you know something about that horse? let me know and her too! thanks! always... donna aka monkey :D

R

remaxrealtor

appyday said:
I still have the 15.3 h standardbred dead quiet rides/drives $1500 obo

Just got back from riding him. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NIGHT! I can't believe we broke a sweat on a Nov. night! It's a little creepy at Flat Iron right now as Bubby is starting on the Xmas decorations and there are all kinds of plastic animals and stuff standing around, but I got a new bit today and couldn't wait to try it out.

Just my two sense, but if anyone is looking to board, that is one nice farm, and Debbie, who runs the big show barn and mine is GREAT! I'm really impressed with how she keeps the place. We had some trouble with Lou and the other horses and she has really helped me out.

Of course, I'd love to have stayed w/ Appy, but we were EVICTED! :whistle: