where can i get a good set of dumbbells?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
(Insert obvious joke here)

I posted this a minute ago on the Outdoor Recreation board by accident. My apologies. It wouldn't let me delete it.

I'm looking for a good set of dumbbells with a rack. I can't find any locally on ebay or elsewhere on the web for my price range.

I'd like to find a set of 5 pound increments from 20-50 lb. or higher.

I was recently in my hometown in Indiana, and Sam's Club had a real nice set for $235. They were hex weights, but the hex heads were actually rubber coated, which is very nice. I don't see it on the Sam's Club website though. I don't care much for the grey hex weights, but if it's a good enough deal, I'll buy.

I'm willing to buy used... anyone got any?

Thanks in advance.

K

Kain99

Sams club in Waldorf had that exact same set just before Christmas.... Maybe you'll get lucky and it will still be there.

If not, try Sports Authority.... (My favorite store:smile: )

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Kain99
If not, try Sports Authority.... (My favorite store:smile: )

EXPENSIVE!! When I bought my dumb bells from there, it was over .50 a pound and the bars alone with no weight were $25 a set.

K

Kain99

Originally posted by justhangn
EXPENSIVE!! When I bought my dumb bells from there, it was over .50 a pound and the bars alone with no weight were $25 a set.

Walmart has lots of weight lifting stuff but nothing like he was describing. I've had great luck at Sports Authority... Maybe I'm just lucky....

H

Heretic

Originally posted by sleuth14
[B
I'm looking for a good .....rack. I can't find any locally .....
I'd like to find a set of 5 pound ....or higher.

I was recently in my hometown in Indiana, and Sam's Club had a real nice set for $235. I don't care much for the grey ......but if it's a good enough deal, I'll buy.

I'm willing to buy used... anyone got any?

Thanks in advance. [/B]

Its amazing what you get when you cut out a few words.....

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Re: where can i get a good set of dumbbells?

Originally posted by Heretic
Its amazing what you get when you cut out a few words.....

laughing my a$$ off...