Need help, asap!

xstarlikex

Ces't amour!
My dumb cat attacked a baby rabbit, and it is really injured. Bleeding and in a lot of shock. I have looked in the yellow pages and on the net, and cannot find a 24/7 Animal Rescue Shelter. So, I am with this baby rabbit, who finally calmed down, after screaming and getting attacked, but I don't know who to call. Does anyone know any Wildlife Rehabilitation places around here? And if so, what is their phone numbers?

BuddyLee

Football addict
xstarlikex said:
My dumb cat attacked a baby rabbit, and it is really injured. Bleeding and in a lot of shock. I have looked in the yellow pages and on the net, and cannot find a 24/7 Animal Rescue Shelter. So, I am with this baby rabbit, who finally calmed down, after screaming and getting attacked, but I don't know who to call. Does anyone know any Wildlife Rehabilitation places around here? And if so, what is their phone numbers?
If the rabbit is mortally wounded you might want to put it out of it's misery asap.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BuddyLee said:
If the rabbit is mortally wounded you might want to put it out of it's misery asap.
:guh: I would never have the guts to do that.

If it were me, I'd sit up and cry all night until Bun-Bun expired, then I'd bury him in the backyard. Not really a whole lot else you can do.

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:

If it were me, I'd sit up and cry all night until Bun-Bun expired, then I'd bury him in the backyard. Not really a whole lot else you can do.
Maybe we should PM her fttersbeerwench's or Migtig's number.:lol:

xstarlikex

Ces't amour!
vraiblonde said:

Well, he was bleeding a little, but we cleaned his wounds up. Alittle fur is missing, so there is bare skin. And I just checked on him to see if he was still alive, and he was, but he just isn't moving a lot. I think it may be because his leg has a puncture wound, from where the cat bit him.

I did call a squirrel rescue once, for three babies that fell out of a tree. But there doesn't seem to be ANY rabbit rescue.

I called Animal Control, but no go. I would rather give the poor guy a chance to live, but if he dies, I will be very very sad.

BuddyLee

Football addict
xstarlikex said:
Well, he was bleeding a little, but we cleaned his wounds up. Alittle fur is missing, so there is bare skin. And I just checked on him to see if he was still alive, and he was, but he just isn't moving a lot. I think it may be because his leg has a puncture wound, from where the cat bit him.

I did call a squirrel rescue once, for three babies that fell out of a tree. But there doesn't seem to be ANY rabbit rescue.

I called Animal Control, but no go. I would rather give the poor guy a chance to live, but if he dies, I will be very very sad.
If he's wounded he'd probably wind up a snakes lunch tomorrow.:ohwell:

Why don't you call tomorrow and keep an eye on the fella tonight?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Can I be mean for a minute? Bunnies and squirrels are a dime a dozen. They're meant to be food for other animals. You should set Bun-Bun outside and let nature take it's course. Possums will get him before morning.

Of course, I would never do that, but it's still the sensible thing to do.

Bonehead

Best bet is to allow the critter to calm down. Get it in a box with a source of water and some lettuce to chew on. Rabbits are pretty tough. Wait a few days and then turn it loose in the area it was found.

K

Kain99

It was a wild rabbit? I'd be more concerned about kitty. :sad:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
xstarlikex said:
My dumb cat attacked a baby rabbit, and it is really injured. Bleeding and in a lot of shock.
:confused: That's what cat's do, maybe you should keep your cat inside where it won't kill, maim and multilate bunnies and songbirds.

amjsnj

my cat has attacked 2 baby bunnies this summer. The first my 10 year old wanted to keep over night to make sure he was okay and he died and the second one, we got the cat and let the bunny go. I know it is hard, but im pretty sure there is nothing you can do.

tes218

Injured Baby rabbit

xstarlikex said:

I found this link on the Internet. Worth a try. Good Luck. There is also an organization called Chesapeake Wildlife Sanctuary located in Bowie, MD. I'll try to find the number. I took an injured bird there once. A great non-profit organization.

Maryland, Southern region, St. Mary's County (California)..... 240-725-0785

Mary Martin, licensed home wildlife rehabilitator:

mattmary@gmpexpress.net

Comments: currently hold both a Master Rehabilitator and Rabies Vector Species license

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
tes218 said:
I found this link on the Internet. Worth a try. Good Luck. There is also an organization called Chesapeake Wildlife Sanctuary located in Bowie, MD. I'll try to find the number. I took an injured bird there once. A great non-profit organization.

Maryland, Southern region, St. Mary's County (California)..... 240-725-0785

Mary Martin, licensed home wildlife rehabilitator:

mattmary@gmpexpress.net

Comments: currently hold both a Master Rehabilitator and Rabies Vector Species license

Chesapeake Wildlife Santuary is no more. :sad: Not sure what happened to
them. I found that out several months ago.

Try this:

http://www.bunnymagic.org/bunnymagichome.htm

Last edited:

xstarlikex

Ces't amour!
Okay, yeah, he is fine now. I let the night take its course. I am letting him go today. Since he now can move and jump around. But thanks everyone.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
appyday said:
Catt Mary is not the organization you thought..she is a non profit and will take the bunny..if you cant get her I will take it till I can get it to her.. Anyway my first thought was :knockitinthehead:
:lmao: