Catch Me If You Can

MGKrebs

endangered species
Leonardo DiCaprio has now convinced me that he is for real. it's going to be fun to watch him grow and make a lot of movies.

Leo plays a con man and Tom Hanks is the FBI agent tracking him down. The story takes place over several years, and although the changes are subtle, Leo's ability to change his look is very interesting. At one point he's an eighteen year old impersonating a 28 year old (and I think he's really somewhere in the middle), and it's all very convincing.

I'm not certain Tom Hanks has the looks to play a wide range of roles, but this one is perfect for him. A stern, 1960's FBI agent. I want to see him in The Road To Perdition to see him play a bad guy.

And finally, Christopher Walken is always a blast for me to watch. There is something just a little quirky about him that is entertaining as hell.

It's based on a true story, and I'm glad Steven Spielberg made it. it's a nice middle of the road type movie for him, after swinging wildly between "happy' movies like ET and AI and the gut wrenching ones like Schindler's List.

And the opening cast/titles design is very cool.

red

it's coming back to me. i think i did see the previews. sounds interesting, maynard. thanks for the low down.

S

ShellyCW

If you like Leo, check out his older movie "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" from 1993. He plays a mentally retarded character astoundingly well. That was the first movie that convinced me he wasn't just a pretty boy.

red

leo was in that? i remember that depphead had the starring role. it has been a long time since i've seen it, don't remember a retarded boy. i guess my focus was on how to get big mama out of the house.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by ShellyCW
If you like Leo, check out his older movie "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" from 1993. He plays a mentally retarded character astoundingly well. That was the first movie that convinced me he wasn't just a pretty boy.

My sister said when she first saw that, Leo was so convincing at that age, she was certain he WAS a retarded actor cast for the role.

K

Kizzy

I've been meaning to catch Gilbert Grape for a while now. I'll have to look out for it.

I just saw the movie within the last few months. Leo did a great job in the movie. I will have to catch this new movie. I love Tom Hanks. I cannot think of one bad film he has played in.

H

Heretic

Originally posted by IM4Change
I love Tom Hanks. I cannot think of one bad film he has played in.

Joe vs the Volcano?

What about that really bad TV show Bossum Buddies?

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by ShellyCW

YES! He did an absolutly amazing job with that role. I was completly in awe while watching him play that part.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by Heretic
Joe vs the Volcano?

What about that really bad TV show Bossum Buddies?

WHAT:eek: I thought Joe vs the Volcano was great. I was not meaning to be a serrious movie ya know! It was funny. LOL

Anyway...back to speaking with everyone else about the great actors at hand

Memeber 'Big'? That was a great movie. And of course, I am with you Im4 I cant think of a movie I have not liked with him in it. I know that 'Castaway' was a little hard to watch...BUT, it was still good.