in search of the the hard to find...

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
God knows if he will stick with it, but Sam (my 10yo son) has been really interested in riding lately. Cody, who is entirely too big, has been his ride. SO...I am in search of the hard to find "not spooky, not-to-forward, will stand still for kid saddling and mounting, wouldn't kick ya or bite ya for your life, bucked...whats that? 12.2-14 HH " . The best situation would be a lease to see if Sam is going to stick with it....maybe a child has outgrown and moved on and thier not sure what they are going to do with the previous mount (a part of the family). I did that with my daughters pervious pony...now I wish that we had kept Jammies for Sam. I would also purchase the ABSOLUTE right one. And yes, the pony can be old and in need of maintanance TLC...but need to be able to keep up with the pack when needed. Lisa Durst @ Persimmon Creek Farm

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
persimmoncf said:
God knows if he will stick with it, but Sam (my 10yo son) has been really interested in riding lately. Cody, who is entirely too big, has been his ride. SO...I am in search of the hard to find "not spooky, not-to-forward, will stand still for kid saddling and mounting, wouldn't kick ya or bite ya for your life, bucked...whats that? 12.2-14 HH " . The best situation would be a lease to see if Sam is going to stick with it....maybe a child has outgrown and moved on and thier not sure what they are going to do with the previous mount (a part of the family). I did that with my daughters pervious pony...now I wish that we had kept Jammies for Sam. I would also purchase the ABSOLUTE right one. And yes, the pony can be old and in need of maintanance TLC...but need to be able to keep up with the pack when needed. Lisa Durst @ Persimmon Creek Farm
Why don't you just work it out with Erica to try Little Angel? My 10 year old only rode her once or twice before graduated to a much larger horse. I was just thinking it could save you some cash if Sam ends up not being a rider.

fredsaid2

There are several new pony ads in the classifieds right now. Since they're local they'd be easy to take a look at. Good luck on finding the right one!

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Thanks Bresamil but Erica needs her lesson ponies and I dont think that she wants to let Angel go. Sam is learning to ride here on the farm so I am not interested in sending him for lessons. Erica comes here on the weekends and I will ask her if she is looking to retire/sell any of her lesson ponies. I believe that she has 2. Thanks girl - you take care and hope to see you at Bingo work nites this year.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Percie I have a nice little mare you can free lease if you want. call me.
Also, i'd like to keep this little mare if anyone else would like to freelease for a kid, call me we'll talk. She may be preggie by my big handsome sporthorse studly LeRoy thanks to Appyday. :biggrin:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Hi hottie, I will call ya! Today is a nightmare...Farrier appt, kids stuff, and I have to tune up my barrel horse for the show sun. Talk soon.

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
persimmoncf said:
Blah blah yada yada ..... SO...I am in search of the hard to find "not spooky, not-to-forward, will stand still for kid saddling and mounting, wouldn't kick ya or bite ya for your life, .....Blah blah yada yada

Well from what i hear, Tonk (<--click) is a SloOoOoOoW trail horse, maybe Sam should ride him :neener:

Last edited: