New York

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'm thinking about taking a bunch of friends up there for 3-4 days at the end of December and beginning of January. I would love to stay in Times Square but I know it's going to be expensive. Does anyone have any recommendations or links to hotels/motels and the like?

StarCat

BuddyLee said:
I'm thinking about taking a bunch of friends up there for 3-4 days at the end of December and beginning of January. I would love to stay in Times Square but I know it's going to be expensive. Does anyone have any recommendations or links to hotels/motels and the like?
Have you ever been to NY? How much do you THINK its gonna cost? lol My mom goes every year, i think the first Friday in December, for the day. We use to go every year for the Thanskgiving Day Parade.

http://www.nyctourist.com/

http://www.ny.com/

Your best bet with hotels though, would probably be one of those things like expedia or hotwire or something that gives discounted rates, then it will only be about $300 a night :yay:

BuddyLee

Football addict
StarCat said:
Have you ever been to NY? How much do you THINK its gonna cost? lol My mom goes every year, i think the first Friday in December, for the day. We use to go every year for the Thanskgiving Day Parade.

http://www.nyctourist.com/

http://www.ny.com/

Your best bet with hotels though, would probably be one of those things like expedia or hotwire or something that gives discounted rates, then it will only be about $300 a night :yay:
Actually, I went my first time a few months ago.:smile:

CityGrl

Time for a nap
We're going up to NYC for my birthday in early December. We were able to find a room at a 4 star hotel for under $300 a night, but you'd better book your room NOW!

CityGrl

Time for a nap
CityGrl said:
We're going up to NYC for my birthday in early December. We were able to find a room at a 4 star hotel for under $300 a night, but you'd better book your room NOW!

P.S. Try Expedia

bedazzle

I stay at the Mansfield in Mid-town

12 West 44th Street
NY, NY 10036
ph: 212-944-6050
Just a couple blocks time square. The rooms are tiny, but for the area the price isn't bad, clean, charming -- www.mansfieldhotel.com

BuddyLee

Football addict
StarCat said:
i guess you liked it, if you're going back lol
We loved it but only got to spend one day in the city because the old people wanted to spend the other two days in Jersey.:duh:

I'm lookin' for people to go with us though. I want it to be a very great time with a lot of friends. I've always wanted to go up for NYE and I'm not just gonna say I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it!

StarCat

BuddyLee said:
We loved it but only got to spend one day in the city because the old people wanted to spend the other two days in Jersey.:duh:

I'm lookin' for people to go with us though. I want it to be a very great time with a lot of friends. I've always wanted to go up for NYE and I'm not just gonna say I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it!
oh my lord, someone wanted to go to Jersey? thats even worse lol

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BuddyLee said:
You'll go to jail taking 14 and 15 year old girls across state lines!!

marianne

BuddyLee said:

I've been able to book the Radisson Lexington Hotel for $120/night in December (which is a cheap rate for a nice hotel). That hotel is right across the street from the ice rink at Rockefeller Center.

If you want to go to Times Square for NYE though, that's different. I recommend a hotel closer to times square itself. That way, you can enjoy the celebration without freezing and without being crammed in with thousands of other folks. I imagine that's going to be $$$$.

If you want to stay elsewhere, walk to the square, and stand there with thousands of folks then you need to get there early and dress warm. They sectioning off the area throughout the day - when the square gets filled, the police block off the areas around that so you can't get in. When the outer streets get filled, they block off those areas, and so on.

I had a friend with an apartment in the square and watched it from his balcony. It was nice - but I wouldn't stand outside all day to see it.

mrweb

Iron City
BuddyLee said:
Most hotels in Manhatten have weekend rates that are significantly less than the weekday rates. Years ago I spent many a night at the Sheraton Times Square. Check their weekend rates.