Hey, Cattitude

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
and anyone else with kitty dvd experience...

Would my cats actually watch a hummingbird - or other type of bird - dvd? I've never seen them watch anything else on TV. Of course, when we're not home, I'm pretty sure they vacuum and dance and stuff, so who knows? :shrug:

Thanks in advance for your kind responses. :flowers:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
The do have kitty-specific videos..let me look around... but it's Friday baby..and I'm soon to be :cheers:
I didn't expect to hear from you until much later. :otter: :lol:

Stop by for a Vicodin. :cheers:

T

tikipirate

Actually...

Humans can watch television because our brains are so slow that the scan rate blends into a picture. Normal television signals are sent line-by-line to form 480 lines interlaced together. Our dimwitted brains form a picture.

The eye response of an animal is so fast that all they see is a bunch of flashing and lines. With a DVD (480 lines non-interlaced, progressive scan) they may see a partial picture forming at the top of the screen and quickly moving down again and again.

So if your dog/cat sits and watches 'afternoon tea' on PBS with you for hours on end, it's either fascinated with the light show or as dumb as you and I.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
tikipirate said:
Actually...

Humans can watch television because our brains are so slow that the scan rate blends into a picture. Normal television signals are sent line-by-line to form 480 lines interlaced together. Our dimwitted brains form a picture.

The eye response of an animal is so fast that all they see is a bunch of flashing and lines. With a DVD (480 lines non-interlaced, progressive scan) they may see a partial picture forming at the top of the screen and quickly moving down again and again.

So if your dog/cat sits and watches 'afternoon tea' on PBS with you for hours on end, it's either fascinated with the light show or as dumb as you and I.

:nerd:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
Thank you. :lol:

I have heard cats can't actually see what's on TV, but I don't believe it. They just want us to THINK they can't see it.