It's decided...

dustin

UAIOE
my next bike is either going to be a 1974-1979
Yamaha XS650F modded (eventually) to have a "cafe" look see here

Or an 80's GPZ550 see here modded slightly to reflect a similar cafe look...

a GPZ750 turbo would be sweet...but i'm going for budget here....

OF course this is ALL theoretical at the moment...we gotta get moved 1st.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
dustin said:
my next bike is either going to be a 1974-1979
Yamaha XS650F modded (eventually) to have a "cafe" look see here

Or an 80's GPZ550 see here modded slightly to reflect a similar cafe look...

a GPZ750 turbo would be sweet...but i'm going for budget here....

OF course this is ALL theoretical at the moment...we gotta get moved 1st.
We just bought a Yamaha V-Star about a month ago. I love it. Hubby is already talking about upgrading to a Harley.

Pete

Repete
BS Gal said:
We just bought a Yamaha V-Star about a month ago. I love it. Hubby is already talking about upgrading to a Harley.
I made a similar mistake. I bought a Honda Shadow and took a bath getting rid of it to buy my Harley. I wish I had gone with the Harley first. It is awesome :yay:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Pete said:
I made a similar mistake. I bought a Honda Shadow and took a bath getting rid of it to buy my Harley. I wish I had gone with the Harley first. It is awesome :yay:
Well, we are just starting out, but I do like it. It's loud and big and comfy. It's all about the ride, not about the make. We didn't buy it new so won't lose much if we go to a Harley. The people we have ridden with are not Harley snots, they just want to ride, so that makes it nice.

dustin

UAIOE
BS Gal said:
Well, we are just starting out, but I do like it. It's loud and big and comfy. It's all about the ride, not about the make. We didn't buy it new so won't lose much if we go to a Harley. The people we have ridden with are not Harley snots, they just want to ride, so that makes it nice.
You could keep the V-Star and ride it...and let him get the H-D :yay:

Vince

Pete said:
Bought my old Honda used and at a good price. I can wait for my Harley.
:biggrin:

dustin

UAIOE
aps45819 said:
The big GIVI hard cases fit and it has a 5.8 gal fuel tank so it sould make a good tourer.

and it's a v-twin :cheers:
Sweet....I don't see why the cycle mags rant and rave over the Multistrada when the V-strom (IMO) is a better overall bike...looks better...cheaper....ummm...cheaper....:lol:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
dustin said:
Sweet....I don't see why the cycle mags rant and rave over the Multistrada when the V-strom (IMO) is a better overall bike...looks better...cheaper....ummm...cheaper....:lol:
Because it's Eye-Talion :lol:
Almost bought a GPZ550 a few (quite a few) years ago. It was at that used car dealer on 235 in Hollywood. He wanted to much for it at the time, think it was about $4k they were asking. Very nice bike.
You might want to consider a used Triumph Bonneville (new version). More power and torque than the Yamaha and it's modern running gear. They come in several different versions.

LooseTooth

open loop stable
You wanna look towards a Warrior (over a V-star) for handling and power, I believe.

Here is a head to head where a modded Warrior goes up against a Vrod. Considering the price difference, I think the yammer did pretty well. Look at the torque!!