Need a Steam Cleaner??

K

Kizzy

Today, I bought a Bissell Quicksteamer. It was on sale for $78.88 at Wal Mart. Great little machine that is light weight and easy to carry up and down the stairs. The hubby used it today and said it sucks all the water up out of the carpet, whereas some of the machines leave your carpet a bit damp.

I also own an Oreck but it needs to go in the shop and it does leave the carpet damp. I am sure that the shop will see me coming. :rolleyes: But, I am going to find out if it can be fixed for not much.

Well, Lauren & WC this is something you may want to put on your registry. :wink:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Echo on the Bissell... I bought the expensive version at Target a few months ago, and it's wonderful. Cleaned up my 7-1/2 year old carpet nicely, and was pretty easy to use. To do a really good job, with only one pass, you have to go slower than I am programmed to operate, but I managed to adjust thanks to their indicator light.

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by kwillia
Has anyone tried the new hard-floor surface steamer/cleaner? I think Hoover put it out right before Christmas. I am interested to hear if that one is a good buy.

:really: What's the name, and where can I find it?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
:really: What's the name, and where can I find it?

Hoover Floor Mate - most of the major chains carry it - it's about $180 at Wal*Mart or Sam's Club. I'm seriously considering getting one because of all of the hardwood floors in my new house and the Swiffer thing is not cutting it.

K

Kizzy

So I take it you want me to buy one, try it, and post the results?

Yes, steam cleaners are expensive so any input would be great. I just bought a small one to get by for now. I have an Oreck, but I am worried it may be toast. I think I have had it for 2 years and there is a 3 year warranty on it. It goes to the shop today.

SxyPrincess

I need something heavy duty enough to do an entire upper level (6 rooms and a hallway) of hardwood floors. There are a few scratches I'd like to see removed. Is that possible without hiring a person or big industrial floor stripper?

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I have the same bissell you are talking about and I personally don't think it works that well for big jobs. I always have to keep refilling it and it quit sucking as much as it did at first.

I borrowed a friends of mine who has the Hoover Steam Vac V2 and its great. You can buy it at pretty much any of the Walmart and Sears stores. Its about 270.00 but its heavy duty and got out stains that one of the rented ones wouldn't. As soon as I get the money, thats my next investment.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by jeneisen
I have the same bissell you are talking about and I personally don't think it works that well for big jobs. I always have to keep refilling it and it quit sucking as much as it did at first.

Story of my life...

I have that to look forward to with my Bissell, eh?

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Oz
Story of my life...

I have that to look forward to with my Bissell, eh?

smilie_laugh1.gif
smilie_laugh1.gif
smilie_laugh1.gif
smilie_laugh1.gif
I feel your pain man.
smilie_laugh1.gif
smilie_laugh1.gif
smilie_laugh1.gif
smilie_laugh1.gif

K

Kizzy

Well Guess What?

I just got a phone call from the Oreck Store in Waldorf about my steam cleaner and they fixed it for NOTHING. That's right! The big giant goose egg, the big zero, close your eyes what do you see? Nothing! :thewave:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Hoover Floor Mate

I went out and bought one from Sam's Club - $189 which included a free replacement brush and a heavy duty one, plus a large and a small bottle each of the regular and wood floor cleaners.

It worked very well, once you understood you released the solution only when pulling the machine towards you and could coordinate this. I did all of the floors in my house in about an hour and a half. The floors came out great and very clean. Clean up of the machine was a breeze. I give it two thumbs up! :yay: :yay:

:thewave:

willie

Can any of these machines also clean upholstery (sofa,lazy boy) and maybe heavy drapes? How do the machines compare to what you can rent from the grocery or hardware stores?

willie

Just got a Bissel 7920 from abcvacuum.com and it does better than I expected. Much easier to use than the Bissel we had several years ago. It does upholstery but the sofa I tried it on is hopeless. I think it will do good on a sofa that wasn't so sun bleached.

K

Kizzy

I just got the heavy duty Bissell deep cleaning machine. My small light weight one is still working very well but for tough cleaning, so I needed something stronger more powerful. The Oreck broke again and now it is in the back of my truck to go in the trash forever. The Bissell is amazing, sucked the dirt right out of the carpet. It has made my 7 year old carpet look fantastic, very clean. I ran out of cleaner so I will finish the rest of it this week. Great machine. :cheers:

Pete

Repete
Kizzy said:
I just got the heavy duty Bissell deep cleaning machine. My small light weight one is still working very well but for tough cleaning, so I needed something stronger more powerful. It has made my 7 year old carpet look fantastic, very clean. I ran out of cleaner so I will finish the rest of it this week. Then I am going to do all the carpet in Pete's house. Great machine. :cheers:
Cool