Grammy's chicken salad

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
#2 wanted chicken salad on croissants for dinner tonight. I make terrible chicken salad. So she called her grandmother and guilted her out of her super-secret extra-yummy recipe. It is as follows:

• 1/2 of a yellow onion, finely minced
  • 2 stalks of celery, finely minced
  • 2 cups of cubed cooked chicken
  • 2 parts sour cream to 1 part lite mayo for the dressing (how much you use depends on how wet you like it)
  • ground pepper to taste

The sour cream gives it a lighter taste and makes all the difference in the world. Also make sure the veggies are finely minced, not chopped, so all the flavor is released and you don't have crunchy chunks.

It was abfab :yay:

PJay

Hugs to Grammy and thanks! Made this with my leftover chicken.

Lucky to have grandma that gives the ingredients....with mine it was always, "a little bit of this and a little bit of that."

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:
#2 wanted chicken salad on croissants for dinner tonight. I make terrible chicken salad. So she called her grandmother and guilted her out of her super-secret extra-yummy recipe. It is as follows:

• 1/2 of a yellow onion, finely minced
  • 2 stalks of celery, finely minced
  • 2 cups of cubed cooked chicken
  • 2 parts sour cream to 1 part lite mayo for the dressing (how much you use depends on how wet you like it)
  • ground pepper to taste

The sour cream gives it a lighter taste and makes all the difference in the world. Also make sure the veggies are finely minced, not chopped, so all the flavor is released and you don't have crunchy chunks.

It was abfab :yay:
How French of you :ohwell:

:lol: